Opinions on 403's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Don't you have a Pontiac 455 ready to go? Get it in there, I hate vehicles not running under their own power too.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
:? c'mon you're just a clean oil pan a whole days work and some lucas oil away from a tire frying 403 that runs on even the lowest octane gas in town (and you're in chicago so we know theres really like 15% ethanol in some of that crap out there lol) Don't give up that 403 is what you need in chicago w/ all that 'blend' sh*t in the gas @ $4 a gallon who can afford to buy premium!? My dad always said his biggest mistake was selling his 79 TA w/ 403 engine for $50 to an old woman when he was mad. The engine had 200,000 miles on it never rebuilt and still ran and he was just mad b/c someone smashed in his t tops with a hammer to steal candy and $2 in quarters out of the center console. The 403 is a low compression engine so get off your ocd b/c every detail doesnt have to be perfect w/ this type of engine. My dad stopped buying midgrade / prem for his 79 TA in the mid 80s and he didnt expect it to still be going in the late 90s when he was running it on regular every day but it just wouldnt die lol but I still remember that car and just how the engine sounded too.

Gbarrie

Master Mechanic
Sep 15, 2012
G-Body_Vet said:
DRIVEN said:
So what ever happened with this?

Its just sitting in the corner of the garage, along with another poncho 455 and then there's still the unfinished one too. I'm real close to selling everything, including the GP. I'm too busy and losing interest.
How much for the GP?
Gbarrie.

ronbz455

Apprentice
Aug 10, 2013
I feel your pain man. My 86 Regal with the 307 converted non computer with headers and a 800 Quadrajet and is running pretty good. no traction on wet roads with wore out 14" tires. I have a 403 at the machine shop and the crank is polished and the block magged good. I have a set of 455 heads and thinking about buying the Keith Black -.06 cc pistons but the heads were shaved and have 70 cc's so I might not be able to run 87 octane. The block has to be decked also cause you can see the coolant track damage. So do I put the 350 Buick in it or continue with the 403 build? It will get a 455 Buick in it at the end of my engine scramble.

JDMitch32

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 15, 2013
Grab your boots straps bud. DON'T SELL. You WILL regret it. Trust me on this. I've let far too many go.

ronbz455

Apprentice
Aug 10, 2013
I need to sell it because I'm building a 350 Buick and a 455 Buick. I don't own an Oldsmobile and it's in the way plus I need the money. Now I'm building a 8.5 from a 72 Skylark and putting it in the Regal and that will cost me about a Grand. Please somebody buy it from me! Also the race car needs slicks and front runners. Another 800 dollars! Can someone that is rich out there just give me 5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor