optioned out but not a SS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
New to the forums and forums overall but just picked up a 86 monte carlo non SS from the original owner with 112,*** miles on it and upon registering it thru the dmv I found out the car isnt a true SS, kinda sucks but i figured it wasnt untill i started looking over the options. It came with T-tops, rear window defroster, cruise control, power windows, AC, and the 305 with 200 4r trans. After talking to the owner he said he never modified a single thing and i believer him, im pretty sure everythings original. So whats the deal, did i manage to find the one m&m without a M on it or what?

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
May be an LS model. Those had some nice options.
i just went out and looked again, there was 1 modification to the whole car. orig owners kid stuck a SS sticker in the center of steering wheel... thats all ive found.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
In 86 you could have an one of 3 options for the body.
SC sport coupe
LS luxury sport
Or
SS super sport
All three could have been ordered with the same options. It sounds like yours was a dealer ordered car, commonly loaded up on the options to increase profits.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
In 86 you could have an one of 3 options for the body.
SC sport coupe
LS luxury sport
Or
SS super sport
All three could have been ordered with the same options. It sounds like yours was a dealer ordered car, commonly loaded up on the options to increase profits.
Yea apparently its a ls. I was praying it stood for the motor (just kidding) just super funny to me how chevy did thus whole thing. So the True SS montes had a sticker kit for this year. Thats all I'm getting out of this

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
When they were new, the SS's were a little too Dukes of Hazard , southern redneck for the 40+ year old crowd outside the south. They would buy an LS. Under 40 loved the SS. Over 40, not so much.

loudnwaite

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 25, 2017
When they were new, the SS's were a little too Dukes of Hazard , southern redneck for the 40+ year old crowd outside the south. They would buy an LS. Under 40 loved the SS. Over 40, not so much.
Makes sense, still got my hopes up for a ls engine not a trim package lol, in the process of removing basically all those options right now for a true ls swap so ls won't just stand for a trim package.

L67ss

Royal Smart Person
Dec 8, 2016
I actually bought a nearly identical optioned 86 a while back aside from t tops

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor