Painless Lock-up Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

onebad86SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 14, 2017
Lancaster, Pa
Good morning to all!

My 86 Monte is going through a bit of an overhaul and cleanup while it's in the garage waiting on suspension parts.

I wanted to see if anyone has used the Painless lockup kit for the 200-R4? P/N 60110.

The computer will be going away, so I thought this would be a good replacement. It seems straight forward enough, but wanted to check here first.

Thanks!

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
when i had my auto trans in my car, i liked having the vacuum switch. it would act like the factory system and unlock before lugging the trans.
my cars were built as daily drivers and sometimes others in the family would drive them. with the vacuum switch installed, i didn't have to explain when and how to activate the lock-up, every time someone drove my car. and i didn't have to worry about burning up the lock-up clutch in the converter or the transmission itself

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Firetruck1

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2017
I had mine set up to lock when it entered 4th gear and at moderate speed (40 to 45) it was terrible. We do not have mountains around here to climb but when the speed limit on much of the drive has you driving right around 45, the lugging around was enough to make me disconnect it and ride against the 2400 stall speed converter. While I have a beefy external cooler, I still would like a more sophisticated lock up system.

The one in the bowtie overdrives link looks the best to me as it incorporates vacuum signal and also has the brake lever actuated cancel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor