Paint removal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
What's your process of removing the paint my uncle said sand blast it well hell i know that i just dnt have one :?, I'm trying to get ready to prime it and body work done before it gets to cold.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
well you could sand it,or as i did to my 68 camaro and get some airplane stripper and nice pair of rubber gloves and some elbow grease.

spudd

Apprentice
Sep 10, 2012
i was just at a high end resto shop last week and they just started using industrial molasses to strip paint.they claim it works great just takes some time and the clean up is a breeze....i haven't tried it yet but i am going to go to my local feed store and try it in my shop soon

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
wonderboy24 said:
or as i did to my 68 camaro and jet some airplane stripper and nice pair of rubber gloves and some elbow grease.

that's how I did mine except there was one addition to the mixture...beer.. :mrgreen:

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
Alright thank you guys ill look for either one which ever i get to first

TeezySupreme

Master Mechanic
Feb 3, 2011
pontiacgp said:
wonderboy24 said:
or as i did to my 68 camaro and jet some airplane stripper and nice pair of rubber gloves and some elbow grease.

that's how I did mine except there was one addition to the mixture...beer.. :mrgreen:

Lol, i can finally do the beer thing now i just turned 21 last sunday.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
spudd said:
i was just at a high end resto shop last week and they just started using industrial molasses to strip paint.they claim it works great just takes some time and the clean up is a breeze....i haven't tried it yet but i am going to go to my local feed store and try it in my shop soon

I never heard of the industrial molasses to be used as a paint stripper, I have heard it used to remove rust tho. Let us know how it works cause it should be cheaper than the aircraft stripper

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
TeezySupreme said:
pontiacgp said:
wonderboy24 said:

Lol, i can finally do the beer thing now i just turned 21 last sunday.

the beer makes the job a little less boring.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor