Pay it Forward Thread/ Click it or miss out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
im gonna give them a call and see if i can go to their warehouse and get the package. i mean there is no way they could damage those brackets so maybe they lost them? idk but im gonna see what they say

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
vladj said:
im gonna give them a call and see if i can go to their warehouse and get the package. i mean there is no way they could damage those brackets so maybe they lost them? idk but im gonna see what they say
the email made it seem like they busted the box up and lost the brackets... ill file a claim with them... if anything is missing, just refuse it...

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
That happened with me...I sent an alternator that I sold on eBay and ups ripped the box and said they couldn't find the alternator but the box was still on there truck...in didn't even file a claim.. What for it's going to take another mtg before sh*t gets done...sorry guys..

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
this is the tracking information i got from the beginning:

Winnipeg, MB, Canada 09/22/2011 12:52 A.M. Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / Merchandise missing, balance is being delivered. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

09/22/2011 12:52 A.M. The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / Delivery rescheduled.
Winnipeg, MB, Canada 09/21/2011 10:09 P.M. The receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery. / UPS will contact the sender and/or receiver regarding the status or disposition of this package.

09/21/2011 5:06 P.M. The package was damaged in transit. UPS will notify the sender with the details.
Winnipeg, MB, Canada 09/20/2011 4:08 P.M. Arrival Scan

09/20/2011 9:31 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance. / Receiver's customs broker has been assigned. The shipment is now released to move in transit.

09/20/2011 4:46 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency / Shipment submitted to Clearing Agency
09/20/2011 4:46 A.M. Registered with Clearing Agency
Minneapolis, MN, United States 09/20/2011 4:13 A.M. Departure Scan
09/20/2011 12:14 A.M. Arrival Scan
Los Angeles, CA, United States 09/15/2011 9:07 A.M. Departure Scan
Winnipeg, MB, Canada 09/15/2011 3:50 A.M. Package data processed by brokerage. Waiting for clearance.
Los Angeles, CA, United States 09/15/2011 12:10 A.M. Arrival Scan
Ontario, CA, United States 09/14/2011 10:58 P.M. Departure Scan
09/14/2011 7:43 P.M. Origin Scan
San Bernardino, CA, United States 09/14/2011 5:18 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 09/14/2011 8:29 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What a freakin' nightmare. You try to do a good thing and it backfires in your face. :wtf:

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
ok so here is my nightmare with ups today:
9 in the morning i give them a call.talk to a guy and i tell him what happened and ask him if i can come and take a look at the package to see whats damaged. he tells me that since the shipper filed a complained i cant go get it or do anything and they will only deal with the shipper.

ok 4 pm i come home from work to find a ups delivery notice on the door with a charge or $42 for customs(which is fine i was expecting that with ups). so i give them a call and tell them what happened. he tells me that he doesn't know what happened and that it only said i refused the package because its an automated message that they sent becuase the package was damaged and they didn't want to deliver it because it was their fault.i tell him it says on the notice that they will try to deliver it tommorow. i ask him if i could go pick it up. he says that i cant and they WILL NOT deliver it tommorow because it has to under go an investigation. so i asked him if he could tell me exactly whats wrong with the package. He tells me that he has boundaries as to what he can tell me and he gave me a number to call and told me they will tell me what i want to know.

i call and it takes me 20 mins to get through to actually talk to a person. she tells me to hang on the line while she goes to check on the package. i hold on the line and she hangs up on me, at this point im pretty pissed. i call back and go through the same automated bullshit again and finally some guy answers. i tell him the whole story and he checks on the package and tell me some of the content is missing but they are trying to deliver whats left of the package. he told me i should contact the shipper and let him know. so i make arrangements with him to go and take a look at the package at the ups store tommorow or Monday (depends when i get off work becuase they are only opened till 5:30).

im really sorry this all happened but this is why I LOVE UPS :blam:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
vladj said:
9 in the morning i give them a call.talk to a guy and i tell him what happened and ask him if i can come and take a look at the package to see whats damaged. he tells me that since the shipper filed a complained i cant go get it or do anything and they will only deal with the shipper.

ok 4 pm i come home from work to find a ups delivery notice on the door with a charge or $42 for customs(which is fine i was expecting that with ups). so i give them a call and tell them what happened. he tells me that he doesn't know what happened and that it only said i refused the package because its an automated message that they sent becuase the package was damaged and they didn't want to deliver it because it was their fault.i tell him it says on the notice that they will try to deliver it tommorow. i ask him if i could go pick it up. he says that i cant and they WILL NOT deliver it tommorow because it has to under go an investigation. so i asked him if he could tell me exactly whats wrong with the package. He tells me that he has boundaries as to what he can tell me and he gave me a number to call and told me they will tell me what i want to know.

i call and it takes me 20 mins to get through to actually talk to a person. she tells me to hang on the line while she goes to check on the package. i hold on the line and she hangs up on me, at this point im pretty pissed. i call back and go through the same automated bullshit again and finally some guy answers. i tell him the whole story and he checks on the package and tell me some of the content is missing but they are trying to deliver whats left of the package. he told me i should contact the shipper and let him know. so i make arrangements with him to go and take a look at the package at the ups store tommorow or Monday (depends when i get off work becuase they are only opened till 5:30).

I HAVE NOT FILED A COMPLAINT they wont let me. When i tried to look into it, it said a complaint was already filed and it shouldnt have costed you anything. I paid shipping down here. Im going down to UPS tomorrow and by the time i leave they will understand exactly how I feel about all this. I cant just walk down to Canada and look at the package, please take a picture of the box when you look at it and whats missing, should have everything in the last picture update... Im upset about them trying to charge you anything and this will not cost you a dime in the end, PERIOD!

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
LSCustoms said:
vladj said:

I HAVE NOT FILED A COMPLAINT they wont let me. When i tried to look into it, it said a complaint was already filed and it shouldnt have costed you anything. I paid shipping down here. Im going down to UPS tomorrow and by the time i leave they will understand exactly how I feel about all this. I cant just walk down to Canada and look at the package, please take a picture of the box when you look at it and whats missing, should have everything in the last picture update... Im upset about them trying to charge you anything and this will not cost you a dime in the end, PERIOD!

ups always screws you over with border fees so i was waiting for that. ill take a pic of the package. if the brackets are there im still gonna take it becuase i can always just get more bolts or thread lock. sorry for this becoming such a nightmare. was almost not worth it. but i do really appreciate you sending it to me

thanks;

vlad

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
LSCustoms...it doesn't matter you paid UPS for the shipping there. What they do is charge for the broker (they are the broker) than since the broker fees aren't paid up front they charge the receiver $5 something for paying themselves the broker fee...and then they charge the tax on top of everything....it's not your fault, they seem to have the lowest price but it's just a trap. You should see the stuff online about getting stuff shipped over the border by UPS

if it's going over the border send it USPS ground and mark it a gift...it may take a bit longer but most of the time it makes it here without any extra charges...and if there are charges it's minimal

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
vladj said:
ups always screws you over with border fees so i was waiting for that. ill take a pic of the package. if the brackets are there im still gonna take it becuase i can always just get more bolts or thread lock. sorry for this becoming such a nightmare. was almost not worth it. but i do really appreciate you sending it to me
thanks;
vlad
as long as you get it and your happy, its worth it to me bro! not worried about the hassle, just dont want them to screw around anymore...

pontiacgp said:
LSCustoms...it doesn't matter you paid UPS for the shipping there. What they do is charge for the broker (they are the broker) than since the broker fees aren't paid up front they charge the receiver $5 something for paying themselves the broker fee...and then they charge the tax on top of everything....it's not your fault, they seem to have the lowest price but it's just a trap. You should see the stuff online about getting stuff shipped over the border by UPS

if it's going over the border send it USPS ground and mark it a gift...it may take a bit longer but most of the time it makes it here without any extra charges...and if there are charges it's minimal
USPS would have been cheaper, but I thought I could trust UPS and just pay more, they should have told me there were going to be extra fees up there... but thanks for the info, now I know what to expect with shipping out of US

hopefully the entire set up is there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor