Pay it Forward Thread/ Click it or miss out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Hey,

I was thinking the other day. I thought about how I feel when I am able to help someone who is down. It feels great and often times, a small thing can help to motivate someone to take one more breath (or re-breath) and get moving again. I have had many disappointments in life, mainly from others and not myself. I have had a rough upbringing (was abandoned and have been on my own from the age of 15). I have made something of my life (thus far) and intend on keeping it that way.

One thing I have always done is to be gracious to others that I feel deserve it. It seems that I cant get a break at times and just when the thought of giving up crosses my mind, something small but seemingly amazing happens and it gives me a burst of inspiration to keep moving forward. Your life always seems to look better through the eyes of someone else. Sometimes you need to step back and look through someone else's eyes, to regain appreciation for how blessed you can be or are.

Those that know me, know that I am a good man, a good father, a good husband, and a good friend. Are YOU?

Here is what I want to do. I went into the garage the other day and saw many things i would like to get rid of. I thought about selling these things, but something struck my little brain. I would like to give something away. Nothing major, but something I paid for mistakenly and more than likely will not use. For me to be ok with it, I would like for a person to promise that they will use it for their benefit, I would say put it on you car and post a thread, but I really dont give a F3ck what you do with it, as long as it helps you in some sort of way. You can sell it for all I care. A few things i request from you though...

You must (please) use the item(s) to help yourself/family in some sort of way. You must be in need of help and therefore the item is truly going to benefit you and make life just a tad bit easier. You must at some point within 90 days, do something similar for someone here on the forum and post it either in this thread (or maybe they can make a section for this very thing, with rules). Also once you receive the item you can acknowledge it on here and what it did for you to help ease a project or put a little green in your pocket. Also, the help you do for someone else does not necessarily have to be of equal value, but I feel equal sacrifice would be nice... just help someone with something. I need to know a little bit about your hardship, not all your business, but I wanna make sure this stuff goes to someone who cant buy it themselves, or have other responsibilities preventing them from it, etc...

I dont know, sounds crazy, but I just feel this way... heres what i want to do... I just bought a hassle free bracket kit from FlyNBye, cost me $85. Have not used this product, only painted it black (one bracket has a small run, from me rushing), i put it on, only to find that it will not work for 98-2002 Camaro rear disc brakes swap... It works for a true bolt on 97-older camaros with rear brakes and LT1 motors to fit on our Gbodies, please click on my link in my thread to see details on this, where i am currently doing a rear disc brake job on my 11 year old son's el camino :D

if you want this item, please post in this thread, how you will use it to help yourself and if i choose your story/intended usage, i will send it to you and i will pay for shipping, just give me a sec, cause money is funny, but i will send it to you... if i chose you, i will post it in this thread, but i will pm you for address info. when you receive the item, post it up here and please stand by your word... its not like i can send a pack of gorilla monkeys to get you if you dont 8)

I will consider this...
heavy duty rear springs, came off my 84 el co, great condition, make the car sit higher in rear (like for bigger rims, dont know much detail in these though, but the dam rear sat high as hell) i have both the left and right rear)
IMG344-1.jpg

IMG345-1.jpg

or these (the rear disc brake brackets for 97-older LT1 12" rotor rear brakes on gbody, they are only missing the loctite, that came with them, but ill send you a tube of that too)...
IMG330.jpg

IMG333.jpg

IMG332.jpg

painted them black and put them on, figured out they wouldnt work for 98-2002 ls1 rear brakes, see my thread
IMG_20110904_160836.jpg

IMG_20110904_205022.jpg

here goes nothing (hopefully someone responds and I dont look like an idiot), oh yeh and I will choose a person whenever/whoever i want at anytime during posting...

Thanks

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
Re: Pay it Forward Thread

oh and also, if someone wants one of the items above and is not hurting, but wants to help another, you can buy them off me, and i will give the money to that person (forum member) in need...

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

and I have finally met a group of friends that are similar to me, some have way bigger heads and smaller bodies though...

to name a few:
My big bro Chicken Boy (Chicken Boy Racing)
EL Co Warren
Melman
Kuruption
Deezy
Ill even through Saint in the group (even though he need to catch up)

these guys would give the shirt off their back for a friend. hell, warren recently gave me a b&m trans and I know he is working hard to maintain his life.. i am the same way, for my small group of friends, if i see one hurtin, even if i am, i gotta help... that little bit of encouragement may be enough to save their life... you never know how someone is thinking...

because of this, hopefully someone else can come together and start helping one another out, times are hard, and some people deserve a hand, you can tell the difference

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado

We did the Pay it forward a while back and it slowly fizzled out.... I did get a couple items from current members in which i also sent a few items as well :mrgreen: ...I can try to dig up a few items that i am willing to let go lets see if we can restart the thread but like LScustoms said "money is funny" right about now so patience is needed.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011

85GPLef41 said:
We did the Pay it forward a while back and it slowly fizzled out.... I did get a couple items from current members in which i also sent a few items as well :mrgreen: ...I can try to dig up a few items that i am willing to let go lets see if we can restart the thread but like LScustoms said "money is funny" right about now so patience is needed.
I would just wait to see, if someone will "take" one of the above off my hands, no more give aways till then in my book, i gotta be first :rofl:

nah, post what ya got bro... i would say dont put yourself in a bind... and i want this to be a totally free type thing, so no asking for shipping etc. if im the only one, so be it and if no one responds, i swear ill sell the stuff and give the money away to someone... turn a negative into a positive

and i know something similar has been done, had to have been, but this thread is from me, and i have posted what i am willing to do... hopefully someone can use them, oh and this wont be fizzin out as long as Im around

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094

I know how you feel it feels good to help people out who may need something you have but are not going to use. I gave a few things away on here in the last few months to a couple fellow members hell i even payed the shipping. Its not always about the money I have come to realize in life that just knowing you helped someone is payment enuff. And someday who knows the deed may turn and come right back at you. Its just good karma

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
man those brackets are nice, wish i could see a brake upgrade in my future but i need a running motor first :cry:

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
mebe007 said:
man those brackets are nice, wish i could see a brake upgrade in my future but i need a running motor first :cry:
looks like a nice list in your sig, whats wrong with the motor?

mebe007

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2007
newport news, viginia
the camshaft is wasted. so it has to come back apart and get all new bearings, oil pump, rings, cam etc. so im going roller this time. plan on a brake swap in the future but i can by no means afford it right now. but i dream of the day i get to ditch the drums :). if i could only find the brakes in the junkyard cheap would be nice as well. but things are tight for all of us. but throw me in the list if yah want.

LSCustoms

Royal Smart Person
Jul 17, 2011
mebe007 said:
the camshaft is wasted. so it has to come back apart and get all new bearings, oil pump, rings, cam etc. so im going roller this time. plan on a brake swap in the future but i can by no means afford it right now. but i dream of the day i get to ditch the drums :). if i could only find the brakes in the junkyard cheap would be nice as well. but things are tight for all of us. but throw me in the list if yah want.
damn! be patient bro, that stuff will come, keep moving forward, sh*t doesnt have a choice but to catch up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor