Picked up a new project car

Status
Not open for further replies.

03supercharged

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2009
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Hey guys, I have been lurking and getting information for awhile now, but I finally picked up a rust free Arizona chassis, so now I can start working on installing all the parts I have sitting around. It will take awhile to put together but Ill keep ya updated.

Here are a couple pics of the car I just picked up last week
CIMG2777.jpg

CIMG2778.jpg

CIMG2779.jpg

CIMG2780.jpg

Kinda missing something at the moment, but that will soon change :)
CIMG2776.jpg

Main motor and spare motor for it
ls1motors.jpg

alkey3

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2009
Rolla, MO
Looks like a nice project :D What motors do you have? Are you going to keep them fuel injected or put a carb kit on them?

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
You don't plan on changing the body do you? That is a very nicely outfitted car from the factory with the matching vynil top. It looks like it might need to be redone but still very nice combo. Are those "LS series" engines?

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
nice find, how much ya pay for the roller? good luck and happy wrenching!

03supercharged

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2009
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Blake442 said:
Welcome!

Where you from? Nice to see a fellow Minnesotan on here...

Looks like the start for a nice project!
Hi, Im in the Twin cities area, once the car is done you'll see me down at porkys on the weekends, maybe see ya down there!
alkey3 said:
Looks like a nice project :D What motors do you have? Are you going to keep them fuel injected or put a carb kit on them?
they are both 5.3's, except the main motor has z06 heads, z06 cam and a f-body oil pan. So more or less its a ls1 with fewer cubic inches, they will be fuel injected. These are just the motors for this year though, I plan on turning up the boost on the first one till it pops then throw the spare one in for the rest of the year. A buddy of mine that owns a motor shop is going to build me a 408 stroker motor for next year :)
kustomkyle said:
You don't plan on changing the body do you? That is a very nicely outfitted car from the factory with the matching vynil top. It looks like it might need to be redone but still very nice combo. Are those "LS series" engines?
Here is what I want the car to somewhat look like, I want to take the vinyl top off, take all the chrome off and get a t-type hood for it. More or less make it a T-type replica instead of a Grand National replica
22154460077_large.jpg

beermonkey9417 said:
nice find, how much ya pay for the roller? good luck and happy wrenching!
I paid 600 for the roller :)
Updates coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor