Picked up some factory manuals at Carlisle as a single bulk lot. Duplicates Id consider selling....

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
How does that go again? My biggest fear is that after I am gone, my Wife will sell all my tools and fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for them!

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
How does that go again? My biggest fear is that after I am gone, my Wife will sell all my tools and fishing tackle for what I told her I paid for them!
You need to buy some property in the high desert, and, have a giant mausoleum carved out of a cliff face. Store all your cars, parts, and goodies inside, have yourself propped up behind the wheel, and have them bring the hillside down to obscure the entrance with a nice tasteful grave stone in front.

Who says you can't take it with you?

Reactions: 1 user

popeye1978

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2014
Sometimes flipping through a paper manual for no real reason -- and reading whatever catches my eye -- can make for an enjoyable evening

FSM for my (now good) 2004 Envoy is three telephone-book-like volumes compared to two volumes for the Cutlass Supreme (Fisher Body Manual + Factory Service Manual). I suspect the "1 volume difference" is more-detailed safety instructions and more troubleshooting procedures for electronics.

When I'm planning work on either the Mustang or the Cutlass Supreme, as the manuals make you jump between different sections for one specific task -- such as for the Cutlass Supreme, removing/reinstalling the gauge cluster uses 5 different sections in different spots of the manual -- I'll make copies of those pages, mark them up with notes for "where do I go next?", makes notes as I go through the steps, and afterwards will scan to PDF the process I used so I have it if needed in the future; anyone else do this?

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor