In primer
1b7e8cab.jpg

Paint
c3ae2f98.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Looks good, man. What was wrong with the original paint, besides the funky colors?
It's hard to tell what the lower color is. I assume it's in the green family? :mrgreen:

my1979chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2010
Winchester, Va
It had some door dings, and just a general poor factory paint job. Its my daily driver and before I owned it it was garage kept, and the oe lacquer paint will degrade quickly in the sun. The top is synergy green from the new camaro, the bottom is a pearl grey from late model gm trucks.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
It looks great. I'm sure the overhead lights don't do the colors much justice. Nice combination. I could understand taking care of all the little scrapes and dings, etc.

I'm hoping to paint my bucket of bolts soon. I'll also have to empty out my garage and staple plastic sheeting over the walls, ceiling, etc. I also have open rafters, no sheet rock on the ceiling.
What did you use for an exhaust fan?

my1979chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2010
Winchester, Va
I have a furnace 'squirrel cage' blower on the wall, exhausting through the roof. I opened the garage door about 10" for intake, and sprayed water around the intake side. Came out really clean, just some bugs that were attracted to the lights.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
my1979chevy said:
I have a furnace 'squirrel cage' blower on the wall, exhausting through the roof. I opened the garage door about 10" for intake, and sprayed water around the intake side. Came out really clean, just some bugs that were attracted to the lights.

Thanks for the tips. The squirrel cage blower would be the way to go. In my case, the garage is a block construction. I suppose I could mount the blower to one of the window openings. First I'll have to hunt down a squirrel cage blower motor. I guess that shouldn't be too difficult. Also opening the garage door a bit for intake air.
Bugs and humidity are a big concern this time of year.
I will be painting the car in pieces and then reassembling it. The problem is being able to spread out 4-drs. hood, fenders, tailgate... :roll:
Unless of course I paint all the jambs and backsides of the doors... bolt them back on the car and shoot the entire car assembled.

Keep up the good work.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
8) new paint job came out sweet! I'm sure that color really pops in the sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor