Pics of my Malibu repaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnhard

Master Mechanic
Jan 6, 2010
Looks good nice work

Not a fan of the home spray booth. Car paint is for the spray booth. In my area you can rent a booth, its much safer for everyone.
Don't mean to be negative like said car looks real nice.

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
I likes it dude, nice work

jmsteen

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 16, 2012
For me making a home garage booth is my only option also, i like what you did. I also have open rafters and am going to try to make a booth one of these days for the wagon. This is great inspiration. What are you using for a gun, air filtration, etc? I have a hell of a time keeping what i believe are dust specs out of my paint, They wet sand out but it really bugs me. A true paint booth would solve my problems i think.

my1979chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2010
Winchester, Va
I use a devilbiss filter/water seporator and a disposable plastic filter at the gun. I used a sata 2000 rp with a 1.4 tip for sealer, a sata 3000 hvlp with a 1.3 tip for color, and a iwata lph400 with a 1.4 tip for clear.

No booth rentals here. Hell, I work at a body shop and I am not allowed to use their booth!

trocutlass63

Greasemonkey
Aug 26, 2011
Metro Detroit
Looks really good, definitely stands out from the crowd.

my1979chevy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 8, 2010
Winchester, Va
Other than some emblems, it's done.
e8b1d3b6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor