Picture004-1.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

here is whats wrong with it:

Picture014-1.jpg

Picture013-1.jpg

and the other side:

Picture012-1.jpg

my question is can i just weld metal to it without replacing the frame?

thanks;

vlad

shotgun

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2007
Nort o Philly
No, this is a pic of "THE" cutlass.

928232261308_0_BG1-1.jpg

Yours is "A" cutlass.

Just messing with you ;).

What are your plans with the car?

Those rear rails have been reproduced, so that would be the best way to go short of frame replacement.[/b]

midwestls

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2007
Bismarck North Dakota
Did you know your motor has snow on it? And the big hole in the front... well thats where your bumper is SUPPOSED to be! lol :D J/K The body looks pretty good on it, I'm not a body man myself but when you get that frame fixed you should have a pretty nice place to start. I like those Cuttys them years. What do you plan on doing with it? Keep us updated. 8)

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
there is a guy here in Ontario that is re-producing the frame rails.

Welcome to the site from Brampton Ontario ( my first G-body was a 1980 Cutlass Calais and I am am a sucker for that body style )

vladj

Master Mechanic
Nov 11, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
the car came with 2 bumpers 2 hoods and a 442 spoiler. i had to take the bumper off to pull it home(with the green truck in the pic). the plans are:

fix the frame, replace the radiator, brakes and shocks,brace the frame, paint it flat black, get either a hood scoop or cowl induction hood with pins, change the interior, get a shift kit, sound system, HID's, fog lights and put on those rims:

Picture018-1.jpg

and maybe a 2" drop

also after the car is on the road im gonna try to find a used 350 and stroke it to a 383 and then swap that into there

vlad

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
It's a bleeding shame what happens to the frame rails of these cars in the snow states. That was the death sentence to my Sport Coupe and my Malibu. Crazy thing is, a buddy and I went to the U-pullit yards in Omaha two months ago and found 11 cars with absolutely perfect frames. We were both absolutely shocked, that's unheard of in Nebraska. Sadly we had no means of cutting them apart, and two weeks later when we returned, they were all crushed.

Aug 20, 2006
79 cutlass

welcome .it nice to see another 79 cutlass,i have a 79 also ive owened it for almost 21yrs,mine is a on going project ,im always up dateing it im in the middle of updating it ,mine has a chevy 350 in it also .i have full leeght headers a pypes exhaust with a duel hump crossmeber.i have a nother 7.5 rear with 3.42 gaers to put in the car ,will begetting umi rear cotrol arms ,and a rer sway bar .its been lowerd 2 inches with bell tech drop spindles in the fron and bell tech lowering spring

SV6 REGAL

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2006
Ont Canada
vladj said:
the car came with 2 bumpers 2 hoods and a 442 spoiler. i had to take the bumper off to pull it home(with the green truck in the pic). the plans are:

fix the frame, replace the radiator, brakes and shocks,brace the frame, paint it flat black, get either a hood scoop or cowl induction hood with pins, change the interior, get a shift kit, sound system, HID's, fog lights and put on those rims:

Picture018-1.jpg

and maybe a 2" drop

also after the car is on the road im gonna try to find a used 350 and stroke it to a 383 and then swap that into there

vlad
Good Old Crappy Tire Turbo lizards....i haven't seen a set of those in years

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor