Pictures of frame notched and bracing used afterwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

85_455_cutty

Greasemonkey
Apr 27, 2006
Hutchinson Ks
Was wondering if anybody have pics of a frame notch and the bracing that was added to strengthen it? Im gonna have to notch my cutlass to get it how I want so i was wanting to see what all was involved. Not doing a huge tire to where I dont have a back seat and stuff but big enough to get a good size tire on a 15x10 rim. thanks

BBO Regal

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 28, 2011
Wichita, KS
Theirs a guy on here that is doing his now, in this forum he has sum pictures of what hes done so far. He cut it to the seam an stuffed a 295 Mickey radial on a 15x10 with 5.5 back space. Have been thinking about doing mine but dont want to hafta take the body off to do it.

Chris Van

G-Body Guru
Nov 8, 2009
Middle Ga.
I did mine without taking the body off. Although it's not notched as much as some I've seen but I do have a 15x9 wheel with 4 1/2" backspacing and a 29x10.5 slick under the back with no problem. I will get some pics but it will be 1st of next week before I can... leaving today to go out of town for a few days.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Sorry no pics but have seen it cut back to the seam and welded in that didn't require a wheel well change or anything more serious than a fender lip roll. It fit 295/65/15 Mickey Thompson street radial drag ie 30.0" tall with a section width of 11.9". One thing to keep in mind is it also takes a tall tire up front to look right. Like a 27.4 tall 225/70/15. There is 16, 17, & 18" tires that would work as well just giving you what I have seen work and the important measurements of section width and height. Oh yea to run a 30" tall you need to use air bags or spring spacers.

GLICKGLOCKMEX

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 31, 2009
Smithfield n.c.
post pics people!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor