PLEASE READ CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
yep. if you see any more of this, be sure to use the "report post" function which will point me and the mods in the right direction.

I'm also going to go directly in and turn off tapatalk, so hopefully that'll be the last of it.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
GP403, me just wondering aloud here, but is there anyway Tapatalk can reboot itself and reload to this board even after you have evicted it? I don't know how many times I have deleted a spammer only to have it re-appear in the next batch of inbound mail. Even if the address is on the Block Sender list, it still somehow seems to be able to insert itself into the incoming mail box.

Nick

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
So I just got two inquiries from people who want some things I posted and they haven't posted anything except on my "for sale" post. You guys got me concerned.
I didn't notice tap-a-talk tho.

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
the biggest problem with Tapatalk is that it lets people join hundreds and thousands of boards all at once. they create one account and just start clicking all the forums they see. as far as I can tell, no forum requires a Tapatalk user to authenticate, they are automatically granted membership

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Had a brief brush with that App once upon a very long time and on another now-defunct board ago. As has been pointed out it is mostly a cess pool of links that cross-communicate at random and without much by way of oversight. Think/recall that it appeared once cell phones started to become equipped with full keyboards and internet capability. I mostly think of it in connection with Click-Bait and ignore/avoid it.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor