Pondering how many are left..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Here, in the east end of Toronto I see 2 or 3 that are in the hands of non enthusiasts - that is, daily drivers - non restored. I do see a greater number that are owned by nuts, err, G body fans. Most of the G bodies for sale locally are enthusiasts cars with a small number of them being retired daily drivers.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
My daughter's 79 Hurst Olds is rough as a stuck O bath tub but it's all there down to the radio and most of it is original paint well what has not washed off and I have 2 78 Cutlasses and an 87 last I checked my cousin still had 6 unrestored 85-87 442s an 81 Cutlass with T-tops and a 4speed El Camino SS but if they don't get sold he will probably crush them next time I go up I plan on taking some pictures and listing them on here for sale for him if there not already gone to China

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
They disappear. In the early 90's, there wete still 62 Ford Galaxies around. My dad parted out a sedan, a rusty hardtop and wagon. He gave yet another hardtop a second chance. Now they are gone. They aren't sitting around any more. There are afew out there but they are few and far between. In 25 years our cars will be pretty rare.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
They disappear. In the early 90's, there wete still 62 Ford Galaxies around. My dad parted out a sedan, a rusty hardtop and wagon. He gave yet another hardtop a second chance. Now they are gone. They aren't sitting around any more. There are afew out there but they are few and far between. In 25 years our cars will be pretty rare.
Yes and heavily modified that's why I want to make my daughter's car all original and why I didn't buy an 87 442 from my cousin instead I got my 87 Cutlass for a 455 4 speed swap I can do strips and emblems myself I don't need a 9 in my vin

Reactions: 1 user

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
just a random thought, was 442 production not 3,000 per year in 85 and 86 and a higher number in 87 ?
In all the years living in east end Toronto that I have owned my 85 ( 15 ish....where does the time go )? . I know/seen a total
of 2 grey ..one a 85 & a 86 ( Scott help me out here ) and a 87 ...Oh plus mine

so your thought of 1,500 / 2,000 for all years of production total could be right across North America

307 Regal

Royal Smart Person
Oct 21, 2009
Northern Indiana
If you want to think about low numbers think about how many are left unmolested.
Reminds me of the "Nissan 240SX" epidemic. I know this goes against what I was saying but I can't help but get bummed by the disappearing S-chassis examples. They're all "drift missiles." I mean the drifting is cool, but the crashing...
Anyway, I need to buy one before they're all devoid of interiors and bumpers.

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
How many members are on the site???

That's about how many G-Body's are left!!!

:banana::banana:

And more people are joining every day. That means more G-bodies are left, every day! :wax:

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ
I would guess in Southern AZ where I live there should be a bunch of surviving G Bodies because our dry air helps the cars last a long time. I have not been to any Tucson car shows in a few years, but last time I went there were more then a dozen G bodies represented.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You can pick up a catalog for the first gen Chevy pick ups and buy all the body parts to build a new truck. You can buy complete bodies for the A bodies, Camaros and Firebirds from Dynacorn Bodies. In time the G bodies will be available.

http://dynacornbodies.com/

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

hunter_alexander

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2008
Erie Pa
My daughter's 79 Hurst Olds is rough as a stuck O bath tub but it's all there down to the radio and most of it is original paint well what has not washed off and I have 2 78 Cutlasses and an 87 last I checked my cousin still had 6 unrestored 85-87 442s an 81 Cutlass with T-tops and a 4speed El Camino SS but if they don't get sold he will probably crush them next time I go up I plan on taking some pictures and listing them on here for sale for him if there not already gone to China

Definitely hope they don't get crushed.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor