Pontiac Grand Lemans -79 twinturbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGLM

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2011
Finland
I have been driving and building this car since 2011, and now it`s time to get rough...

Plans for this winter:

Frame off restoration, blasting, boxing and painting the frame. Some rust repair on body.
Bucket seats
Rollgage
New carpet
New paint
New dash, with new gauges.
4.0L V8 1UZ-FE engine, with twin S366, Haltech E11V2 engine management, using E85 fuel....
Race prepped TH400 transmission with manual valvebody.
Ford 9"differential, with 3.50:1 gear and Detroit locker.

I don`t know how fast this Project will go further, because i have to built tree cars for my customers also, but hopefully this will get ready for 2014 summer, maybe late summer... :lol:
Here you can see pictures what I have done to this car between 2011 and 2013. http://photobucket.com/PontiacGrandLeMans

Attachments

• PC271435.JPG
    PC271435.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,580
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Hoopty_Mike

Greasemonkey
Aug 5, 2012
CT
Just out of pure curiousity, why did you choose the 1UZ? It's an awesome engine, just a little different for a build like this.

Also, by any chance, do you watch trailer park boys :lol:?

PGLM

Greasemonkey
Jul 4, 2011
Finland
MikesElco94 said:
Just out of pure curiousity, why did you choose the 1UZ? It's an awesome engine, just a little different for a build like this.

Also, by any chance, do you watch trailer park boys :lol:?

Newer watch it, but now I understand why you ask about it... :rofl: That`s just a nickname that came to my head this summer... :mrgreen:

And the 1UZ, those engines are here easy to get, light, very strong and just perfect to boost up... They are cheap also. We don`t have LS engines like you have, they are quite hard to get, and old LS1 engine price, I can buy 2.5 1UZ engines... :shock:

Brother Al

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2010
Westfield, Mass
Nice Find! They're getting scarce here in the states... must be damn rare across the pond. Toyota motor though?... :cry:
Run what ya got I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor