Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
elcaminodan said:
What if the car was in park lol
If the car was in park you wouldnt be able to turn the rear tires hence the term "park". All you would have to do it either shift it out of park by undoing the linkage and moving the shift lever or just unbolt the rear u-joint and let the driveshaft hang. The latter would be alot easier and would have to be done if you bought it anyway.

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
With the car in the air, one or both wheels will still spin with the trans in park with an open rear...
The spider gears are simply rolling the axles in the opposite directions, while the driveshaft stays stationary.

Evan11

Royal Smart Person
Apr 17, 2009
Southern Indiana
I'd still check it for a gov lock. Quite a few add those because they're plentiful. Every Gbody non posi that I've messed with would always spin the wheels in opposite directions. Posi would spin both wheels in same direction. The s10's that had the gov locks would only move one wheel, the other wheel will kick in under load if the other wheel slips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor