Post Pics of your Custom Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
I have a 1980 chevy el camino and I want to do something simple and want to make my own speaker box...i want to put 2 12's and 2 6/9 in the rear on one sheet of wood and amps on the rear floor... heres an example below so you can get an idea of what i want to do..

How will I get the wood board to stay?????????????

Post Pics so I can get some ideas..

Thanks
Santos

Attachments

• interior3.jpg
    interior3.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 11,784

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Build one like this.You can have mdf panel go up to the bottom of your rear tray and mount it behind that. There is also guy's on fiberglassforum.com making them outta fiberglass.

Attachments

• elco speaker1.jpg
    elco speaker1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 5,772
  • elco speaker.jpg
    elco speaker.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 4,575

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thats a kool box...but where am i going to put my 6x9's i really want them on the box too.

bigjoenvegas

Master Mechanic
Dec 2, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Just extend the face of the box up to the bottom of your tray, right where the curtain buttons are. Mount whatever subs and then you could go crazy with the 6x9's. If you double up the face with 1x1's, you would be able to recess your amps, crossover or whatever and seal up where your 6x9's are. Don't be afraid to bust out the skilsaw and chop up $30 worth of mdf from Home depot. Here's a quick drawing for you, just make sure the speakers have enuff volume to perform.
speaker-1.jpg

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Thanks...thats a great diagram...i will try my best but i think it shouldnt be hard....in you diagram the back piece behind the 1x2 mdf wood is the rear storage of the elko right...thats not part of the box?lol

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Not really finished with mine but this is the jist of it:

Trunk with the amp board. I have the sub on the left mounted in a sub box now sitting behind the amp board facing the rear seat so that it's completely hidden. I'm going to make a large board that goes in front of the amps with cutouts for just the amps and the trunk hinges. Then have everything upholstered to match the interior.

IMG_1408.jpg

Door panels. They have (1) 1" tweeter, (1) 4" midrange, (1) 6.5" woofer and (1) 5.25" coaxial speaker.

Doorpanel.jpg

Doorpanel-02.jpg

I have everything hooked up to my stock stereo head unit that I've added an MP3 player jack to. Fired it up last year just to see how it sounded and was very pleased. :) I originally had two of these 12" subs but decided to just test one to see how I liked it. Especially since it was easier to fit just one instead of two back there. I was trying to mimic my brothers Mach 1000 system in his Mustang as far as sound and loudness. Once I tested mine, decided to sell the other sub. LOL His sound system doesn't hold a candle to this one! And the best part is that it's not all bass.

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow thats nice...good job,,, i just might start on mine next weel and will keep u guys posted with pics....keep up the good work..

bawazir

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2010
nice el camino box, how much was it ?

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
ANY NEW PIC OF YOUR CUSTOM SOUND SYSTEMS? PLS POST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor