Pot is a religious right

Status
Not open for further replies.
pontiacgp said:
don't laugh too hard.....a couple of months ago the Canadian Broadcast Standards Council deemed the Grammy-winning 1985 rock tune Money for Nothing unfit for Canadian radio in its unedited version, after a listener of CHOZ-FM in St. John's complained about the use of the word "f-----t" several times in the song's lyrics.

notice that was one complaint on a song 39 years old.... :wtf:

i dont remember hearing f-----t in the song at all? perhaps i havent listened as hard as the Canadian Government.

and f-----t back then in England had a completely different meaning than what the word normally refers to now...

and it wasn't referring to a cigarette..

"I wonder if any of the members of the panel actually lived in the time that this song was created and originally aired? I know that I did, and often, calling someone a "f-----t" was not a slam against their sexual orientation. It was simply a way of telling someone you didn't like them, or didn't respect them. In the context of the song, they are referring to someone who is rich, and made money playing music, and whom they, therefore, do not like or respect. In essence, they are jealous of the musician in question (no, not the Dire Straits, but the characters they represent as telling the story in the song), and therefore are using a word that was meant as an insult, yes, but not in the context of sexuality. My belief is that the panel should have taken the direct meaning of the word in its context into consideration, not just the derived North American meaning of the word."

79malibu350 said:
pontiacgp said:
It might look to be entertaining but it cost us so much up here you might not enjoy it.. there are great social programs and lots of individual rights if your a refugee from another country. There a chinese guy who dressed up like an old man to sneak into the country months ago. He is still here living off of our tax dollar and getting us to pay for legal counsel to argue why he should stay in this country.... :?

thats right i forgot, communist.... :roll:
Oh yeah, it's sooooo different here!

pontiacgp said:
and it wasn't referring to a cigarette..

"I wonder if any of the members of the panel actually lived in the time that this song was created and originally aired? I know that I did, and often, calling someone a "f-----t" was not a slam against their sexual orientation. It was simply a way of telling someone you didn't like them, or didn't respect them. In the context of the song, they are referring to someone who is rich, and made money playing music, and whom they, therefore, do not like or respect. In essence, they are jealous of the musician in question (no, not the Dire Straits, but the characters they represent as telling the story in the song), and therefore are using a word that was meant as an insult, yes, but not in the context of sexuality. My belief is that the panel should have taken the direct meaning of the word in its context into consideration, not just the derived North American meaning of the word."

I get what you mean, I was just throwing a joke out, lol. What not offensive today, may be taken a whole different way tomarrow. I often have to watch my P.C. :shock:

The pc we have up here is choking us to death...here is what someone said during a debate which is I think a good description of what has been forced on us ...

"Multiculturalism is a form of mental AIDS. Like those with AIDS, its followers have lost the ability to protect our rights from minority threats, fixated, as they are, by the notion that all cultures are equal. It makes the illogical leap and proclaims that all cultures are equal. [They're not. Third World immigrants acknowledge as much when they leave failed lands with their failed cultures to come to Canada.] Then, multiculturalism says newcomers should be allowed, nay encouraged, to keep and practise their failed cultures. Hence, we have turbans in the police, kirpans in the schools and burqas and niqabs in abudance. If you object, you are wrong: who are you to criticize someone else's culture?"

pontiacgp said:
The pc we have up here is choking us to death...here is what someone said during a debate which is I think a good description of what has been forced on us ...

"Multiculturalism is a form of mental AIDS. Like those with AIDS, its followers have lost the ability to protect our rights from minority threats, fixated, as they are, by the notion that all cultures are equal. It makes the illogical leap and proclaims that all cultures are equal. [They're not. Third World immigrants acknowledge as much when they leave failed lands with their failed cultures to come to Canada.] Then, multiculturalism says newcomers should be allowed, nay encouraged, to keep and practise their failed cultures. Hence, we have turbans in the police, kirpans in the schools and burqas and niqabs in abudance. If you object, you are wrong: who are you to criticize someone else's culture?"

Thats pretty accurate. I had a professor once that was adamant we should study other cultures, but he didn't think America itself had a culture. :wtf: if we dont have a culture, why do terrorist want to wipe us and our "influence" off the map?

Well i cant speak for canada but in the US you should be able to observe your parent culture. But i should not have to sacrifice any of my way of life for it. America was a true melting pot, every culture has its influence and. No one really gave a damn
now pc has done more to seperate the cultures than anything else.
seeing as turbans and burquas can be a religious item we should not restrict them. The same as hassidic jew wearing hats, christians wearing a cross or ash on their forhead once a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor