GN Power steering reservoir

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello: Does the return line flow towards the steering box or towards the reservoir?
thanks,
you have helped me...

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people; I was told the flow is towards the res. and I did not put the filter in yet. I just bought a gallon of fluid but I believe with three qts. you could flush the system properly. It does make noise but the kit came with a new pump so when I get that installed we'll see if the noise goes away. But the brakes feel strong.
IBBY

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
Yes , had my stock pump sent out to Turn One in Michigan for modification.
They installed AN fittings and also adjusted the PS pump for optimum performance for HydroBoost.
Give Junior a call.
My pump had the flow rate (gpm) and output pressures raised to 1850psi and 2.9 gpm
Works great on my HydroBoost system now.
I also installed a PSC power steering fluid reservoir which is ideally suited for the HydroBoost set up.
Not cheap but at the end of the day works fantastic.
The juice was most definitely “worth the squeeze”
hello and how ya doowing? Did you drive your car with the stock pump at all? I've been driving w/the HB a little while (stock pump) and is feels different than the PM. My pedal is higher and it's a less control feel maybe I'm nuts but I'll bet the higher output pump is the way to go.
IBBY

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Higher pump output for HB and PSC reservoir , did my research on it so didn’t drive it until I had all the pieces needed for the install. But I also installed Wilwood pressure residual valves in the front & rear brake lines (as close to the master cylinder as possible). These greatly reduce excessive pedal travel .
Might wanna look into them

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I never did any PM on my powermaster. What do you think the PM on the HB would be? Do you have to depressurize the HB? I think I saw something on that?
IBBY

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor