Power windows to manual conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmax Cody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
I got a set of rusty monte non power doors and a nice set of power window doors. Is it possible to change the guts out inside the door to make it non power crank windows? If so how hard is it? I dont have power windows in the car but the doors i got are in real nice shape.

86Cutlass383SR

G-Body Guru
Apr 1, 2009
Sesser, IL
As far as I know they interchange. You have to swap the manual regulators for the electric window stuff but I believe they just swap out.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
it would be easier to pull the wiring for the windows from a donar car.... thats what i did. plus power windows are nice to have!

Reactions: 1 user

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!
Yeah you'd have to remove the window, or try to drill out all the rivets to the motor mounts without breaking the glass etc etc.. Just leave the wiring, get yourself some switches, either factory or aftermarket. I might have some aftermarket spares to sell.

Dmax Cody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 21, 2010
Thanks guys i put the rusty door on the car. I will just have to patch them a bit. The 87 monte im building is gonna be a circle track ice race car so power windows are not the hot tip for racing as the cars are pretty much gutted. I figured it wouldnt be as easy as unbolting a motor and putting A crank on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor