Ppl talking smack about your gbody cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8power

G-Body Guru
Aug 24, 2007
green bay WI
just tell them two words...F.U. and then do a huge burnout ( only if you have posi, nothing more embarrassing that a one wheel peeler! lol)

Reactions: 1 user

historyg

Apprentice
Sep 12, 2009
Brooklyn
i one wheel peel all the time, only when no one is looking 8)

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
My monte carlo is unique and badass. I don't take sh*t from people. **** 'em. They drive p*ssy cars and can't respect what someone else enjoys even for a second.

beermonkey9417

Royal Smart Person
Apr 8, 2007
des plaines, il
v8power said:
just tell them two words...F.U. and then do a huge burnout ( only if you have posi, nothing more embarrassing that a one wheel peeler! lol)
4.11:1 rockford posi :lol:

KILLERG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2009
the beauty about g body cars is that structurally they are good looking cars but to make them bad *ss ya have to build them and the general public dont understand that in ordere to have a bad *ss g body one has to get theyre hands dirty most guys these days are check writers and tire kickers that have no idea what its like to actually build a car themselves to me theres nothing worse then having a car that is exactly the way it came out of the box i have to put my own touch on my cars to seperate myself from the crowd i recently bought a clean 1986 cutlass for 600 bucks with a clapped out 307 that smoked like i was selling bar b que then again a 307 that has the max potential of putting out 170 hp wasnt going to stay in there even if it was healthy my plan was to throw a 500 hp 383 stroker in it and step up to a big block in the one i already had in the garage an ez swap noiw the 86 has the 383 and im building a 408 cubic inch big block roller motor ...

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
KILLER G

• Agree

KILLERG

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 2, 2009
i just wanted to share a few stories that iu have about the 789 cutlass that i have i remember one day the guy that was delivering spring water to my house seen my car parked out front and said that he had a camaro and he was a member of a club for f bodies and invited me to one of theyre meetings so i sparked up the cutlass and figured that i wold let them know that g bodies are cool too i parked my car in the parking lot where they were meeting i pulled in and all eyes were on me i get out to check out my buddy shot the sh*t with him for a few i glanced over at my car and it attracted a big crowd since i was the new guy on the scene a lot of people were asking my what car i brung and i was proud to say THE ONLY G BODY IN THE PARKING LOT !!!!:) a few of them told me i should buy a f body so i said sorry im not into conformity

i remember one evening a local bar around the corner from my house was having a car show all the cars were either hondas low riders or bagged trucks im proud to say that when the people heard my car pulling in the crowd came over to check out my car and dropped what they were doing i guess thats what happens when your driving a car with a 383 sroker with open headers

people do like g bodies but there has to be somthing not typical about it

GO HARD OR GO HOME
KILLER G

Conan-64

Apprentice
Jun 3, 2010
Southeastern PA.
I really know what you guys a talking about. My wonderfull wife seems to believe my regal is "the uglyest car she has ever seen". She doesnt hold back on her favorite phrase. i have only had this regal for a little over a year and i have yet to convince her to at least sit in the car. every so often i will get a the famous question of "i dont see why you like that thing so much?". some times i think she is just busting my stones and somtimes i really think she is serious. i will say she knows i have it, she knows i really like it, and theres going to be money spent on it. For for an early Christmas gift she gave me a Summit gift card along with the comment of "i know you want to play with your car". that chick is ok in my book. but i can do with out the comments sometimes :D

Randy_W

G-Body Guru
Oct 16, 2005
Eastern Shore
I'm 58 and been driving legally since 1967, I owned many 60's-70's and even some 50's cars. I recently sold my '67 Impala SS LT1/4l60E, '75 Formula same drivetrain, my other '67 SS 283 car, '95 Z28 convertible, I like my '85 442 as well as any of them other than my '80 Grand Am. The G-body cars are a rare combination of light weight, full frame, good handling , roomy, good looking car that any V8/transmission combo GM ever built will bolt in without much trouble using mostly stock parts. They are cheap to build and still fairly cheap to buy, though that is going up lately. 8)

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Nobody says boo to me about my car. But then I'm a Grandpa driving a Grandpa car so I guess I don't register with the ricer crowd. But when someone realises it is a stick shift, V-8, then it's a different story. Then they want to know how I did it, and how cool it is blah, blah, blah. There are so few G-bodies around here that when you see one you really notice it and it's usually a Malibu or ElCamino not much else left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor