Pretty sure IMA need a driveshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
Just got my car back from the transmission shift..and they discovered this mishap..this car is becoming more and more frustrating.. The person before me really pieced it together..
IMG953243.png

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you brought the car in with the transmission and drive shaft in place why didn't they advise you that the driveshaft was too short before you got the car back

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
if you brought the car in with the transmission and drive shaft in place why didn't they advise you that the driveshaft was too short before you got the car back
He did call and inform me that it was to short..the transmission rebuild i got for free so i didn't expect him to find me a driveshaft as well

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
if you want to keep the driveshaft change the rear end to an 8.5"
Ill try to find another one i have axles etc to rebuild my 7.5 so that's money i can't afford to spend right now

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
He did call and inform me that it was to short..the transmission rebuild i got for free so i didn't expect him to find me a driveshaft as well

I didi't mean for them to find you one but with a heads up you could have dealt with that issue while the transmission was being worked on

85grandprix

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2017
I didi't mean for them to find you one but with a heads up you could have dealt with that issue while the transmission was being worked on
Yeah i agree, now i have to figure out what length i actually need.. I read on here with the 700r4 and 7.5 rear end its 49.5 but as you see thats not correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor