Problem - Centering the rear end

Status
Not open for further replies.

awdfun

n00b
Nov 16, 2006
I purchased a 9" ford rear that has been modified for a g-body. I have the rear under the car with a set of aftermarket non-adjustable control arm, the rear sits about 3/4" over the right. I am just wondering if a set of adjustable upper control arms will allow me to move the rear over to fix the problem?

Thanks

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I don't think they will as most are adjustable only for pinion angle and not side to side. Are you just referring to the pinion location, or have you measured it in relation to the body? If it is in relation to the body, you may need new body to frame mounts due to age and dry rot. I wound up re-centering the body on the frame of my Cutlass and gained about 1/4-1/2 in clearance on one side with a corresponding change to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor