Project 85 Black 442 frame off restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I received my rocker panel patch from Gbodyparts today which allowed me to further advance towards finishing the rocker panel. I was not able to use my sample of the new inner rocker we are having made. I forgot that I was having the drivers side made not the passenger side. Either way the inner rocker looked good and should be available soon.

got some good left over pieces I plan on using

IMAG3251.jpg

IMAG3250.jpg

IMAG3252.jpg

IMAG3253.jpg

IMAG3254.jpg

IMAG3255.jpg

Welded up pretty nice

IMAG3256.jpg

IMAG3257.jpg

I cut another ppiece of a wheel house from the parts Brian sent me. Was able to cut a piece off to fix part of the wheel house that was shot.

IMAG3259.jpg

IMAG3260.jpg

IMAG3261.jpg

IMAG3262.jpg

88cscb

Greasemonkey
Jan 2, 2013
PA
As I struggle to get my tailpipes to hang evenly..................I have these skills to envy, nice work

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks for the kind words guys!!

I finished the rocker today after running out of wire, gas, etc.....and it was raining here today so all trips to get supplies took me forever to get to and from the store.

It appears now I have all the reinforcement to divorce the frame from the body and get working on all the undercarriage issues. First I need to get the engine off the frame and disconnect the steering column and get it pulled.

Here is todays work

First an alignment of the rocker with a used door to insure I am in the ball park before I weld the rocker in place
IMAG3276.jpg

IMAG3277.jpg

IMAG3275.jpg

I put the lower A post section in place to make sure it is correct.

IMAG3280.jpg

IMAG3281.jpg

IMAG3291.jpg

Using a copper welding spoon was really handy to keep me from burning through and dispersing heat

IMAG3283.jpg

Using a set of long reach vise grips allowed me to squeeze the rocker slighly to make the bottom alignment perfect.

IMAG3282.jpg
url]

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
Nice job. Have you thought about getting a uni- spot welder? It would save you some time in welding, grinding and filling. From what I can see, you can use it on certain area where you welded. I've had good results with a cheap unit from Harbor Freight.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
malibu80 said:
Nice job. Have you thought about getting a uni- spot welder? It would save you some time in welding, grinding and filling. From what I can see, you can use it on certain area where you welded. I've had good results with a cheap unit from Harbor Freight.

I thought about it yesterday but all the holes still need to be filled in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor