project car 1983 bonne wagon ( NOW F/S! CHEAP )

Status
Not open for further replies.

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
My car has the factory tach where your clock is, and my clock is located above the glove box. You should be able to find a factory tach pretty easy enough on ebay, just keep looking.I noticed your steering wheel is missing the emblem in the middle of it. Pontiacs always had the best interiors of all the GM models except Cadillac in my opinion but i am biased. LONG LIVE PONTIACS!!

G_Body_Enthusiast

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2005
Louisville, kentucky
you can find tachs in any pontiac g-body. BUT the thing to remember is they changed the color of the arms and numbers on the faces from white in earlier years with black face (silver faces for 78 only i believe) to a burnt orange arm with black face.

my 82 had white arms on the speedo clock and such. my 85 has all burnt orange arms on the gauges tach and speedo.

so i would try to make sure they're the same color and if nothing else pull whatever you can find and maybe you'll run across someone with the right color you need and you can trade them.

also if you find the tach there are two positions, one for V8, one for V6. if you pull one try to remember the engine the car came in as you may have to change it. i would suggest soldering it in after you change it, IF you have to change it. otherwise it could do what mine did...vibrate and not work consistently.

i would pull the vents from other GPs and bonne's if possible. i did as they can work loose and not stay open if you turn them horizontal if you fidget with them too much. that and i always like to have extra parts whenever possible. i like the vents but the fact they're round means they're small and small means less air...even though they give you 8 total in the dash.

if you can find a dash panel with all the ears still on it, TAKE IT. those ears break awfully easy and finding one that doesnt have broken ears has been a holy grail type search for me. mine is ok but i always want an extra laying around, just in case.

i actually envy you, i love the bonne wagons and would love to have one.

Nov 4, 2009
Re: project car 1983 bonne wagon

Thats my old car.i really wished i hadn't got rid of it.i was going to restore until i seen this blue 85 camaro on racingjunk that i had to have.so i traded my wagon for it.im 15 years old and that was my first hotrod so to speak.I now have that camaro with a 406 Sbc With about 600 hp.i really would like to have the old wagon back!does it still have the edelbrock carb on it?and Is the bullethole wheels still on it??i redone them myself.I did some work to the dash and restored some stuff on it.i was going to re woodgrain the car but all my plans ended when i got rid of it.The interior is Immaculous in the car.

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009

actually man ive come across some hard times and being a single dad i dont have much time to work on it these days.
i love the car but at this rate i dont know that ill ever finish it.
i still have the edelbrock 600 carb that was on it and the rims that came with it.
ive gotten an absolute ton of parts for it all new sitting in boxes:
long tube coated headers, msd dizzy, edelbrock 650 carb, f41 sway bars, serp belt setup, camaro rims, some good tires, aluminum radiator, camaro quick ratio steering box, posi chunk, new fuel lines gauges pump regulator, all new brake lines and hoses, i mean lotsa stuff the list goes on and on.
when i got it , it ran but not well, had braking problems, the taillights didnt work. i got most of that fixed. got the a/c back on it and ready to fill up, all new seals.new belts, new fan i was really close to getting it back together just to get it up n running to drive it while i built a motor n transmission to make it the coolest sleeper around. well someone decided to pour about a gallon of water into the intake. so i was in the process of just pulling the motor n trans when i started having some personal family stuff go on and the cars been sitting since.
ive documented literally everything ive done to it since the day i got it. in a notepad on my pc at home.

Nov 4, 2009

Man im sorry to hear about your Family problems.Is this the same guy that i got the blue camaro off of???the wagon is a super good body and i loved the car.wanna sell it?

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009

i think you sold it to david
i bought it from david.

i would entertain the idea, i really love the car though.
but money does talk, and prce would depend on what all you would want. some of the stuff i could return or use on other things in the future, some though are specific to that car, like the headers i bought.

if ya ever wanna come take a look at it just lemme know or gve me a call.
ill pm you mu number

Nov 4, 2009

i'd like to have it and the aluminum radiator and headers.how much u take for it like it sits right now with the radiator and headers.matter of fact you keep the motor and trans also so i just want it rolling with the headers and radiator

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009

SixSecCamaro said:
i'd like to have it and the aluminum radiator and headers.how much u take for it like it sits right now with the radiator and headers.matter of fact you keep the motor and trans also so i just want it rolling with the headers and radiator

hey man i accidentally erased your number earlier or i would have called you;
i came home went through everything i have and the reciets and my notepad on the car.
i had way more in here then i thought.

heres the deal, ill sell the car b/c i need the money. i dont want to though, i know ill regret it as soon as its gone.
the motor and transmission are still in the car, i have no use for either and dont have the time to finish pulling them right now anyways. for the car with the wheels that were on it when i got it back on it, the long tube coated headers, the complete new brake line kit for the car, the aluminum radiator and the coil springs ill take 1000$
i also have a posi chunk that cam out of that wrecked camaro that was low miles like 75000 for another 100 if you want it.
i know that might seem kinda high for a roller but
the headers shipped from jegs were 340.00$
the new brake line kit was 75.00
i had probly 40$ in the new caliper, hoses
getting the brakelights back workin was close to 35$
i feel the car as a roller is worth 500, thats less then i paid for it.

i have a ton of performance parts i was gonna use on this car if you need any
single plane intake, msd 6al with the msd harness adapter for hei, new msd streetfire distibutor, the complete serpentine setup, dual electric fans, the posi ,the 2 carbs 600/650 edelbrocks, the whole fuel system stuff is new holley pump, holley fuel pressure regulator, fittings, gauge, feed lines, pro flo air filter are all still in the box

i dont know if your gonna run the a/c back on it or not but i have everything for it, havin a 18 month old i had to have the a/c working. so i got all the seals, new canister, orphus tube, and charge kit. ill sell w/ the car at cost.

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009

if anyone is interested i am definatly going to have to sell this project
my ex is fixin to try to take me back to court and try to get custody of my son back, and its far more important than a car.
ive had him since he was 3 days old and shes been in jail for over a year, but b/c or court system is fubar i have to get a damn lawyer thats gonna break me.
the car is everything as described in this whole article
the pics look the same as it does .
for the car ill take 450$ cash!
headers ( dynomax full length coated ) add 300$ ( i paid 340 for them they are brand new in the box never mounted with all the hardware n gaskets)
brake line kit add 50$ ( i paid 75 iirc ) ( it currently has to have 1 brake line replaced the kit is every line for the whole car with fittings! )

i have more aprts for this car too that ill gladly sell cheap to the buyer

3rdgentug

Apprentice
Aug 8, 2009

any ?'s feel free to call my cell
901 - 326 - 2729
im outside of memphis tennessee i forgot to mention that above

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor