PROJECT: Fade II Black - Salon GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
My GN ran 13.90s box stock on little factory 215/65/15 eagle gts. I always wanted to do big brakes up front and if I do another car I will. But I needed to go faster before I could justify the expense. 18s still fit the body lines well, fit hugh brakes, and still has tire options for straight line traction.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Well guys, I actually got a call from the bodyshop today. I got to pick the frame up today instead of Wednesday. He was on the ball. I did stop at the car wash before I got home and sprayed the frame and hit it with some degreaser. I aslo sprayed in the frame rails, a lil dirt/mud came and a walnut but that was it. LOL. I guess I'll post a few pics:

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

Next on the to-do list is to dismantle front suspension and rear-end to get ready to go to the blaster hopefully this week or early next week, depending on how busy he is.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
88hurstolds said:
Notch the frame and brace the lower control arm mounts while your at it

Probably won't do a notch but I have thought about the extra bracing. I will be getting the UMI control arm braces, but you were talking about the weld in braces weren't you?

Blueboy84

Greasemonkey
Sep 25, 2010
Northern Kentucky
Nice progress! Keep up the good work!

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Thanks guys, I almost have the suspension removed so it can be stripped and coated. I have a bolt stuck in the drivers side front, lower a-arm. The bolt is seized in the bushing, guess I'll have to cut the bolt or something. It's coming along but not like I want it too, some progress is better than none though. Keep the feedback coming.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
I have a lil bit of an update as of this past Friday. I finally got to dyno the heart for my Salon GT. It's a 327 sbc bored .040 over, forged crank, balanced rotating assembly, mildly worked 062 vortecs(also machined for higher lift), Lunati VooDoo 268 cam,lifters, and roller rockers. It also has a Weiand version of an Air-Gap intake with a QFT-650 DP sitting on top of it.Here's a few pics and a dyno vid. I'm happy with the results, tell me what you guys think:
360.7 hp @ 5500 rpm
361.3 tq @ 4800 rpm It should be a fun driver with 4.11's and a t5

IMAG0169.jpg

IMAG0170.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg

Click below to watch the video

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
Should be great sounding lil cruiser! How tall is the OD on that trans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor