PROJECT: Fade II Black - Salon GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
With a short stroke rev happy lil 327 and a tall overdrive like that I would take advantage of the 4.11.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
dogshit said:
With a short stroke rev happy lil 327 and a tall overdrive like that I would take :lol: advantage of the 4.11.
That was my thought but since my peak power is at 5500 for hp I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting to deep of a gear. Now I just need to make up my mind whether to go with 18's or 20's even though that's still a ways off. LOL.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Just checking in to say that I dropped my frame off at the shop this morning for black rust coating to be applied. I will drop my upper and lower A frames off tomorrow to have the bushings pressed out and ball joints removed so they can be cleaned up and painted so I can have my new poly bushings pressed in. Yay, almost time for reassembly.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Wow...Great thread! Gonna be a bad machine with that drivetrain and a manual trans too...awesome! Keep up the good work!

84clonewars

G-Body Guru
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good luck with that trans the guys on thirdgen.org say they destroy them all the time even wit the 305TPI, so you might not want to abuse it too much unless its built up a but. Nice thread btw

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Small update, my frame is done but haven't gotten it home yet. I would've brought it home Friday but we had some pretty rough weather here all day on Friday so I will be picking it up tomorrow before I go to work. So, here are a few pics:

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

Now I just have to get my a arm bushings pressed out, a arms painted, new bushings pressed in, order my drop spindles and rear drop springs this week so reassembly can get underway.

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona
84sscutty said:
Small update, my frame is done but haven't gotten it home yet. I would've brought it home Friday but we had some pretty rough weather here all day on Friday so I will be picking it up tomorrow before I go to work. So, here are a few pics:

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

Now I just have to get my a arm bushings pressed out, a arms painted, new bushings pressed in, order my drop spindles and rear drop springs this week so reassembly can get underway.

:drool: :drool: That frame looks NICE!!!!

80ELCAMINOFLAKE

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 2, 2010
California So Cal
Wow!! :shock: making good moves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor