CUTLASS Project "In between"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Honestly with an Edelbrock carb, I would consider a 1" Phonelic open spacer or whatever will fit. Looking good.

Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Honestly with an Edelbrock carb, I would consider a 1" Phonelic open spacer or whatever will fit. Looking good.

Sadly if you look under the carb we already put a 1 inch spacer to try and clear the EGR boss and it still wont fit. One of the reasons the air filter is so thin to make sure it fits under the hood. A little grinding will fix all that though. I honestly think the spacer will help the intake volume quite a bit. Its getting down to the nickel and dime stuff now

Reactions: 3 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Got more done on the body work this afternoon, what used to be a caved in mess is actually not looking near as bad. Let me know what you guys think. Obviously not Donovan but hey it's something lol
20210722_155154.jpg
20210722_155159.jpg
20210722_155205.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Update: interior is going back in, did a little more work to the quarter panel to get it ready for filler. So (after a small fire inside the car) the interior is going back together which means the completely ruined headliner needed redone. So i did the right thing and ordered padded blue suede to replace it. So my son got the pleasure of scraping off all the old dusty original foam
headliner board.jpg

We fixed the corners of the board up where the visors bolt through since they were completely broken off, then we got to work getting the fabric on it, once we had it glued and drying i would say he was pretty happy about it.
finished headliner.jpg

We trimmed up the extra material, burned in the holes for everything, and installed the headliner.
headliner.jpg

Now its all up to him to start installing the rear sail panels and the rear seat to finish this up, then of course the whole inside is going to need a good cleaning. We have to get this thing ready for power tour this year so thats a big step. One interesting thing we found when we took the headliner down was another build sheet. That makes two for this car, one behind the seat which I've found quite a lot and this one on top of the headliner right above the driver seat. Super cool things to have.
build sheet.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor