Houston, TX.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I got a few more goodies this week.
ARP head bolts.
IMG_2130.JPG

Taylor Spark plug wires. I got a universal set, so I can make up my own lengths, and route them the way I want. I didn't want red, or blue this time, so I went with grey.
IMG_2131.JPG

And then this NOS front impact strip. VERY HAPPY to have found this. I paid dearly for it, but details like this will really make a difference in the quality of the overall build. The guy says he has a rear one also. I should have pics tomorrow.
IMG_2137.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Did you finally get resolution on those heads?
No. Jim Lapikas will not return texts, phone calls, or respond on Facebook. My resolution is to buy (3) new exhaust valves, valve springs that actually match my cam and put everything back together. Jim Lapikas is a P.O.S.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
No. Jim Lapikas will not return texts, phone calls, or respond on Facebook. My resolution is to buy (3) new exhaust valves, valve springs that actually match my cam and put everything back together. Jim Lapikas is a P.O.S.
Friggin' dlckhole. I mean, really? Sorry to hear, but maybe you can salvage something. You'd think if he was doing his last set he'd do 'em up fantastic and go out with a bang instead of a ending up being a f*cktard as his legacy.

Oh, and nice score on those NOS bumper strips!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Did you finally get resolution on those heads?

Did I miss something??

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Did I miss something??
Yet another Olds builder who went down the tubes. He lost parts then used Speed Master valves, which should not be put in anything. He had valve installed heights all over the place, not good for a factory non adjustable valve train. I narrowly missed the Smitty at MJ Performance self destruction train. A similar scenario, had a good reputation that went to sub standard work at the end. I barely got my offset ground 330 crank from him, almost bought a whole bunch of parts off him, glad I didn't. This is a big part why no one builds the Olds V8, stupid rip off artists who relabel Ford parts or similar, lie and say they are Joe Mondello who is dead. Don't get me started on Olds aluminum heads, at least 3 companies have stolen thousands off buyers who never received heads. Others don't quit when they should like Jim. Sorry this happened to you.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Did I miss something??
Donovan & Jared, you didn't miss anything, because I didn't post it on this site. Bottom line is... I did not get what I ordered, agreed to, and paid for, from Jim Lapikas of J&S Machine. It will cost me more $$ to get these heads where I need them to be. When he would not take responsibility, or respond to me, I slammed him on the Olds sites, and Facebook.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor