PROJECT " LAID BACK 2 " - 1978 SALON 2 DOOR AEROBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Look what finally showed up today... Holley EFI in-tank fuel pump #12-306. I've been waiting over 3 months for this. Installs inside my stock fuel tank, requires no external regulator, and no return line. Happy to have it!

OVERVIEW

• This in-tank fuel pump module is a high-pressure unit that flows 255 liters per hour (LPH) and is capable of supporting electronic fuel injection (EFI) engines producing up to 550 horsepower • A pre-calibrated fuel-level sending unit designed to work with the factory fuel gauge for this application is included • This module also features a HydraMat filter which has a unique internal reservoir that keeps fuel available at the pick-up and also provides protection from contaminates Fuel pressure is internally regulated to 58 psi eliminating the added expense and effort of purchasing and installing an external fuel pressure regulator - no separate return line is required because this module returns excess fuel right inside the tank! This 1978-87 G-body Muscle Car EFI Fuel Pump module was designed as a direct replacement for your factory pick-up and sending unit. There is no need to purchase a custom EFI fuel tank. You can even retain the factory fuel hard line - just connect the outlet of the pump module to the hard line on your vehicle with EFI-rated fuel hose and hose clamps available in the Earls Vapor Guard line. This Muscle Car EFI Module includes a 255 LPH fuel pump and a Holley HydraMat. HydraMat is an amazing patent-pending fuel reservoir system that reduces fuel starvation issues that might otherwise occur while cornering, accelerating, stopping, traversing inclines, and during low fuel conditions.

View attachment 181405
please report back to us on this item. can't wait to see it in action.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
What are you going to run for a fuel gauge James? We used a stock style efi tank (Spectra - un-baffled except for a tray in the bottom to pick up fuel). We used an aftermarket fuel gauge. Fuel slosh shows on the gauge with the needle bouncing around. We installed a capacitor in the wiring for the gauge at the recommendation of the manufacturer and that helped dampen it but didn't make it go away completely. I'm told the O.E. gauges have further dampening built into them so you don't see as much needle movement due to the fuel sloshing around.

The car runs fine and it's a minor nuisance. Just check the fuel level when you crank the car up and the fuel isn't sloshing. Also at highway cruise the needle settles down substantially. Just ignore the gauge while you are in stop and go driving.

Just thought I would run that one by you. If we had it to do over, we'd run a tank with more baffling.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Reactions: 4 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
What are you going to run for a fuel gauge James? We used a stock style efi tank (Spectra - un-baffled except for a tray in the bottom to pick up fuel). We used an aftermarket fuel gauge. Fuel slosh shows on the gauge with the needle bouncing around. We installed a capacitor in the wiring for the gauge at the recommendation of the manufacturer and that helped dampen it but didn't make it go away completely. I'm told the O.E. gauges have further dampening built into them so you don't see as much needle movement due to the fuel sloshing around.

The car runs fine and it's a minor nuisance. Just check the fuel level when you crank the car up and the fuel isn't sloshing. Also at highway cruise the needle settles down substantially. Just ignore the gauge while you are in stop and go driving.

Just thought I would run that one by you. If we had it to do over, we'd run a tank with more baffling.
Holley Pro Dash for gauges. I will have to speak to Holley about baffling. The Holley EFI fuel pump is made to work with the stock non-EFI tank, but I don't know how fuel slosh will affect this gauge setup. I am not afraid to purchase a Monte/GN EFI tank, and swap filer necks (Aero cars use 4 door fillers). I will report it all here.

Reactions: 3 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Holley Pro Dash for gauges. I will have to speak to Holley about baffling. The Holley EFI fuel pump is made to work with the stock non-EFI tank, but I don't know how fuel slosh will affect this gauge setup. I am not afraid to purchase a Monte/GN EFI tank, and swap filer necks (Aero cars use 4 door fillers). I will report it all here.
My guess is they have an algorithm that will buffer out the slosh, but that is pure conjecture. Looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Sorry guys that I have not kept this thread updated. I've had a few issues the last couple months that have kept me from making any progress on the car. I lost my Father six weeks ago, and during that time, my Wife has been diagnosed with cancer. I have had to make a few trips out of town, and deal with death certificates, titles, banks, creditors, social security, doctors, etc. On top of all this, my mother in-law is moving... oh my... Along with my job, I wonder how I get anything done. I know a couple of you that follow this build thread have went through this before, and it is exhausting. I will try to get back on track in the next couple of weeks, and post a summary of where the car is at.

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
James, sorry to hear of your troubles. Family first, we'll still be here when things improve. Hoping for a positive prognosis for your wife

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sorry guys that I have not kept this thread updated. I've had a few issues the last couple months that have kept me from making any progress on the car. I lost my Father six weeks ago, and during that time, my Wife has been diagnosed with cancer. I have had to make a few trips out of town, and deal with death certificates, titles, banks, creditors, social security, doctors, etc. On top of all this, my mother in-law is moving... oh my... Along with my job, I wonder how I get anything done. I know a couple of you that follow this build thread have went through this before, and it is exhausting. I will try to get back on track in the next couple of weeks, and post a summary of where the car is at.
Stay strong brother. It was tough when mom passed so I know how it is. Keep a positive attitude with your wife and just work the process. Y'all will be in our prayers. Hollar if you need help with anything.

• Agree

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Family first, dude. Don't let all us azzhats distract you. You'll know when it's time to pick up a wrench again. Prayers for you, your family, and especially your wife.

Reactions: 7 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
James,
Sorry for the loss of your dad and hearing about your wife's diagnosis. Life certainly has it's bumps in the road. I can certainly relate to loss in the family.
I wish you strength,...good thoughts and prayers. We're here for you brother. All the car related stuff can wait. In the meantime, take care of what you need to. Positive thoughts for your wife's full recovery.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor