Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I can deal with the heat, as long as it's not raining.
For those not in the know, we got like 11.5" of rain in May, which is about 6" more than normal.

Reactions: 2 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Summer was slow to get here this year but it's here now....
View attachment 177776

View attachment 177777
Weenies! It has been those temperatures here in Iowa for two weeks and I bet we have more humidity. I work out in the sun all day, so you have no excuses get busy you two. I want progress pictures of the cars too. Just giving crap. Work at your own pace.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
A little progress for Zach :ROFLMAO: . I got the TH 350 transmission out yesterday, and got it prepped & painted. I mounted it on one of my extra engine stands, so I could rotate it. It was already pretty clean from the rebuild process, but it needed that last step before I could paint it. I scrubbed it down with a Scrotchbrite pad, and then brake parts cleaner. I then repeated the process a second time. Taped off the case fittings, speedo cable threads, removed the vacuum modulator, and plugged the dipstick hole.

IMG_2540.JPG

IMG_2539.JPG

I used some Eastwood AlumaBlast paint that I already had. (3) coats and done. I did not worry about the pan, because I am replacing it anyway.
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2542.JPG
I painted the modulator clip & bolt, speedo cable clip & bolt, trans mount bolts, and bell housing bolts all black. Just used Duplicolor engine enamel for that stuff.

I torqued all the bolts to factory spec - pump to housing bolts, valve body bolts, tail housing extension bolts, pan bolts, and transmission mount.

I used the Moroso #93102 extra thick rubber over steel pan gasket. I had to go buy longer bolts because of the extra thickness of the gasket. No problem, my local hardware store had them in stainless allen head (y). Look how thick the gasket is. It's 3/16"
IMG_2543.JPG

Then installed the black cast aluminum pan. ( and somehow forgot to take the pic ).:wtf: It turned out pretty nice. I'm happy with it. I ordered new OE replacement cooler lines from Inline Tube. They have already shipped, so I will have them this week. I also have a couple more goodies I should get this coming week.

I have set up a plan with a couple of my buddies for next Saturday to get the engine & trans off the stands, and set on a moving blanket, so I can install the flywheel, and converter. Then I will bolt them together, and we are going to install the combo into the frame. Looking forward to clearing up some space in the shop!

Here is a pic of how the motor sits currently. I installed the Rocket logos on the valve covers. Just a little detail item that says "This ain't no small block chevy " :ROFLMAO:.
I like them.
IMG_2547.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

The polished aluminum breathers are from Eddie Motorsports. The Dr side is threaded, and unscrews to reveal the filter. The Pass side contains a PCV valve, but is designed to look like a matching breather. They fit very tight into the grommets, and are very solid. Hope they work as good as they look.

• Winner
Reactions: 17 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
A little progress for Zach :ROFLMAO: . I got the TH 350 transmission out yesterday, and got it prepped & painted. I mounted it on one of my extra engine stands, so I could rotate it. It was already pretty clean from the rebuild process, but it needed that last step before I could paint it. I scrubbed it down with a Scrotchbrite pad, and then brake parts cleaner. I then repeated the process a second time. Taped off the case fittings, speedo cable threads, removed the vacuum modulator, and plugged the dipstick hole.

View attachment 178624
View attachment 178623

I used some Eastwood AlumaBlast paint that I already had. (3) coats and done. I did not worry about the pan, because I am replacing it anyway.
View attachment 178625 View attachment 178626 I painted the modulator clip & bolt, speedo cable clip & bolt, trans mount bolts, and bell housing bolts all black. Just used Duplicolor engine enamel for that stuff.

I torqued all the bolts to factory spec - pump to housing bolts, valve body bolts, tail housing extension bolts, pan bolts, and transmission mount.

I used the Moroso #93102 extra thick rubber over steel pan gasket. I had to go buy longer bolts because of the extra thickness of the gasket. No problem, my local hardware store had them in stainless allen head (y). Look how thick the gasket is. It's 3/16"
View attachment 178628
Then installed the black cast aluminum pan. ( and somehow forgot to take the pic ).:wtf: It turned out pretty nice. I'm happy with it. I ordered new OE replacement cooler lines from Inline Tube. They have already shipped, so I will have them this week. I also have a couple more goodies I should get this coming week.

I have set up a plan with a couple of my buddies for next Saturday to get the engine & trans off the stands, and set on a moving blanket, so I can install the flywheel, and converter. Then I will bolt them together, and we are going to install the combo into the frame. Looking forward to clearing up some space in the shop!

Here is a pic of how the motor sits currently. I installed the Rocket logos on the valve covers. Just a little detail item that says "This ain't no small block chevy " :ROFLMAO:.
I like them.
View attachment 178629
View attachment 178630
The polished aluminum breathers are from Eddie Motorsports. The Dr side is threaded, and unscrews to reveal the filter. The Pass side contains a PCV valve, but is designed to look like a matching breather. They fit very tight into the grommets, and are very solid. Hope they work as good as they look.
Awesome work bud!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Nice, but I gotta ask....why are the rockets flying backwards?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Do you have a part number for the A/C delete pulley? Looks really nice.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Nice, but I gotta ask....why are the rockets flying backwards?
HaHa. I removed the valve covers to install the Rockets, but had to meet somebody that afternoon. In my haste to get everything cleaned back up, I installed the covers on the wrong side. When I posted the pics, I realized it, and told myself someone is going to ask... you did not disappoint :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor