BUILD THREAD Project long time coming

You're going to have to have plenty of cam and SPIN THAT BEETCH.

But with a midrange cam and lower rpm they will still work great. Did they do a valve job on them?
They did Jim. They also installed my hollow intake valves. Cam has .620 lift and 230/248 duration @ .050 Should be a ripper.... intake ports had very minimal work, most was right behind the valves on the intake side. Exhaust side was opened up quite a bit though. No chamber work at all. Also had them decked .020

20240122_111328.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
You’ll be ready for E85 (another 50hp)

😉

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Screenshot_20240201_202206_Instagram.jpg

Wow, to say I'm humbled is an understatement. There are so many other cars that I believe are more deserving but thank you for noticing my effort none the less. There are many people that helped me from friends, neighbors, coworkers, and people I've become friends with online. Some I've even driven 1k miles to meet.
The caliber of vehicles on here keeps getting better and better. I know I'll be knocked off for next year, but I'm sure it'll be for someone more deserving than I!

• Winner
Reactions: 17 users
View attachment 234451

Wow, to say I'm humbled is an understatement. There are so many other cars that I believe are more deserving but thank you for noticing my effort none the less. There are many people that helped me from friends, neighbors, coworkers, and people I've become friends with online. Some I've even driven 1k miles to meet.
The caliber of vehicles on here keeps getting better and better. I know I'll be knocked off for next year, but I'm sure it'll be for someone more deserving than I!

You'll have your chance at getting in the ring to defend your title 11 more times this year, although, you'll have to step off your perch as a GBOTY to compete with the unwashed masses for a lowly GBOTM award to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Now you've got an excuse to tell the wife you need a larger car-budget to defend your title.

It was a tough decision for me though.... go with this? Or a jelly of the month subscription? Hopefully I chose wisely for once.

On a more serious note though, this award was made possible only through the efforts talents and participation of brrian who really stepped up to the plate and hit a home run for us.

As everyone can see here, he's really quite talented and can make all manner of cool decorations and awards on the side. If anyone has a need to get some custom items made up, drop him a line. You'll be supporting a local craftsman and fellow board member at the same time.

• Friendly
Reactions: 8 users
You'll have your chance at getting in the ring to defend your title 11 more times this year, although, you'll have to step off your perch as a GBOTY to compete with the unwashed masses for a lowly GBOTM award to do it. :ROFLMAO:

Now you've got an excuse to tell the wife you need a larger car-budget to defend your title.

It was a tough decision for me though.... go with this? Or a jelly of the month subscription? Hopefully I chose wisely for once.

On a more serious note though, this award was made possible only through the efforts talents and participation of brrian who really stepped up to the plate and hit a home run for us.

As everyone can see here, he's really quite talented and can make all manner of cool decorations and awards on the side. If anyone has a need to get some custom items made up, drop him a line. You'll be supporting a local craftsman and fellow board member at the same time.
What about badges 🤔
Can he make stinkin' badges?
Lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
What about badges 🤔
Can he make stinkin' badges?
Lol 😆
Im sure he could. Feel free to reach out to him. At one point I started a thread here on the site for our members who can make various items on the side to post their areas of experience as a resource, I should find and bump (or if need be reopen) that thread.

He's also helping me out with one of the items for our new GBOTM swag bag.

Reactions: 5 users
Im sure he could. Feel free to reach out to him. At one point I started a thread here on the site for our members who can make various items on the side to post their areas of experience as a resource, I should find and bump (or if need be reopen) that thread.

He's also helping me out with one of the items for our new GBOTM swag bag.

Thank you, ck80 . Stinkin' badges... maybe? I found a '2-ply' material (metal face, black plastic back) & I'm going to test cut an old-school script El Camino logo for a buddy's G-Body El Camino.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you, ck80 . Stinkin' badges... maybe? I found a '2-ply' material (metal face, black plastic back) & I'm going to test cut an old-school script El Camino logo for a buddy's G-Body El Camino.
No Way Oh Snap GIF by Uninterrupted
cool to see a local guy doing cool stuff, had no idea

Reactions: 1 user

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor