16117000261887036866856823527315.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Nah, not much reading. This is so simple that it's almost like color by number for a NA build. Have a switched 12v power source available (I use one of the open pins in the fuse panel), have your fuel pump relay wired to reach under the dash, and determine if you want ot run electric fans and A/C.

Getting the unit mounted where you want will take longer than getting it wired in and running. Setting up via the wizard is stupid easy. And in 1/2 hour it will idling and driving.

edit - man , my typing is awful.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I need help guys. I need a F body T56, Tremec Magnum, or TR6060 for a reasonable price and I'm coming up empty. Been searching FB marketplace, Craigslist, car-part.com, contacts at local yards and haven't found a damn thing yet. People want as much for a used unit as you can buy a new one for, or darn close. I've found several tr6060's, but by the time you add in a nearly $600 kit to convert it to a regular splined output shaft, and then add in my time or paying someone to change the output shaft, it's as much as new Magnum. I just can't spend that much on a transmission. The TKX that I thought would be cheaper and save me bunch doesn't. Everything is an extra on it. Want the pigtail that plugs into the reverse light switch? Yeah that's $21.95 Want the bolts and misc pieces you need to hook a speedometer, yep, thats extra. Oh and the best one, you have to you a Tilton hydraulic t/o bearing and its $400... You quickly end up at or even above the cost of a Tremec Magnum when initially it looks $700 cheaper. Quote I got without a clutch was 4k to my door for the TKX 😲 yeah, thats definitely not happening. That's friggin crazy! Anyone have any great ideas? I didn't expect $500, or even 1k, but I can't do 3k.....

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I snagged a LT1 T56 a year ago, and flipped it for cash while we were building the house.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I’m in the same boat as you Shawn, but at least I still have the transmission. LT1 T56 out of a Fireturd like you. IIRC I paid nearly $2500 for it even back then, 12 years ago.
I need all the same ancillary stuff as you too, including a throwout bearing but the price tag on them just turns me off every time.

I hope you’re able to come up with a cost effective solution, but short of finding a “deal of the century” I think you’re gonna have to save up for a new Tremec. They should be able to handle more power anyways.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Well I found the LT1 T56 last year for $500... hoping I can luck into a Camaro LS T56 for 1500 🤣

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I need help guys. I need a F body T56, Tremec Magnum, or TR6060 for a reasonable price and I'm coming up empty. Been searching FB marketplace, Craigslist, car-part.com, contacts at local yards and haven't found a damn thing yet. People want as much for a used unit as you can buy a new one for, or darn close. I've found several tr6060's, but by the time you add in a nearly $600 kit to convert it to a regular splined output shaft, and then add in my time or paying someone to change the output shaft, it's as much as new Magnum. I just can't spend that much on a transmission. The TKX that I thought would be cheaper and save me bunch doesn't. Everything is an extra on it. Want the pigtail that plugs into the reverse light switch? Yeah that's $21.95 Want the bolts and misc pieces you need to hook a speedometer, yep, thats extra. Oh and the best one, you have to you a Tilton hydraulic t/o bearing and its $400... You quickly end up at or even above the cost of a Tremec Magnum when initially it looks $700 cheaper. Quote I got without a clutch was 4k to my door for the TKX 😲 yeah, thats definitely not happening. That's friggin crazy! Anyone have any great ideas? I didn't expect $500, or even 1k, but I can't do 3k.....
Do you know the dimensions on it? I know they're just under 150#. Reason I ask is if you can find a good deal on one somewhere near us, theres a chance, CHANCE, we could get it closer to you at least as far as (around the i87/i90 interchange) subject of course to covid travel protocol restrictions. At some point time there's a trip to Massachusetts in the future to pay respects - my grandmother passed on exactly 3 months shy of her 104th. If it'd fit, so on so forth, maybe it works out?

Reactions: 5 users

Streetbu

Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Do you know the dimensions on it? I know they're just under 150#. Reason I ask is if you can find a good deal on one somewhere near us, theres a chance, CHANCE, we could get it closer to you at least as far as (around the i87/i90 interchange) subject of course to covid travel protocol restrictions. At some point time there's a trip to Massachusetts in the future to pay respects - my grandmother passed on exactly 3 months shy of her 104th. If it'd fit, so on so forth, maybe it works out?
That would be great. I found one in NJ guy still hasn't messaged me back though. Not holding out hope. Looks like they are just shy of 36" long.
Tremec-T56-Magnum-dimensions.png

Reactions: 3 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor