Project MadMonte

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
So, this is my build thread. Please be patient as I'm new to the site...

I got this car in trade for a reef blue 92 foxbody mustang 4 cyl auto. The mustang had 157xxx on it...

My Monte Carlo is a 1983 with 41k original unmolested miles on it. I have every record since new and I even know the old lady that lives two states away that ordered it new!

So the car is from Virginia and it is a CL(which is supposed to be a V6) but the old lady that bought it ordered it with a V8 4 barrel Vin H motor. AC auto tilt when power seats windows and door locks. Navy blue metallic and white pin stripes with checkerboard wheels.

I'm building this car to my liking so, it will be getting a fresh 355, turbo 350 trans and a gm 8.5 10 bolt limited slip. It will be painted a 2007 gm color of laser blue. Weld racing wheels and will be sporting a 4 inch cowl hood and factory SS spoiler. I will update with pics as I get things done. Here is how it sits as of now(keep in mind I'm just starting out!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 279

drogg1

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2009
Welcome! Nice car! I wish mine had that few miles. Same color as mine but mine has a vinyl top.

Reactions: 1 user

Flyers9928

G-Body Guru
Jul 30, 2014
South Central Pa
What size tires are you running?

mymontess

Greasemonkey
Dec 23, 2014
North York, Ontario, Canada
Hello & welcome from Toronto, Canada.
Nice looking Monte!

Reactions: 1 user

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
I'm in love with the 07 gm color I found and I do like cowl hoods so I'm definitely going that route! Lol. And I'm running 255/60R15s. I actually am going with Mickey Thompson DOT slicks

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Nice Monte. Just an FYI the CL is just an interior package, the body style is SC or sport coupe.

MadMonte

Greasemonkey
Apr 18, 2015
York, Pa
Nice Monte. Just an FYI the CL is just an interior package, the body style is SC or sport coupe.
Hmm good info to know! I was just doing some research and found that almost all CL packages were supposed to be V6 models. Just found it interesting that mine was ordered with the V8. Former GM employee told me that one day after trying to buy my car LOL

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You have a very nice Monte as a starting point for your build.
My 83' Monte also came with the CL package and had a V8 4 barrel fully loaded and it even came with the F41 suspension package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor