BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I can be a bit bipolar in instances like that if something rubs me wrong. A switch flips and I can become a real dick in very short order.
Too much dealing with ignorant people and customers in my line of work I guess.
It hardens a guy after a while.

I get it and I know my posts can be taken either way without a smartass smiley or you seeing the smirk on my face when I say it. Rest assured I'm not here to troll skilled, productive guys like you. I save that for the dbags who think they're all that and a bag of chips (but aren't) and I just don't see those kinds of folks here on this forum.
I always have a smart *ss comment, but I pale in comparison to fleming442

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

84dragcutlass

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2009
North Vernon IN
Just got caught up on the progress, amazing work. I find i like to give it a few weeks of updates then binge the thread like a fat kid eating chocolate cake. Its like catching up on a season of a really good show. Awesome work on the bumper filler areas the two tone is interesting ill be tuned in for the install.

Reactions: 2 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Still hammering away at this b**ch.
Total time invested in the brushing process to date, roughly 8 hours, 5 of those tonight alone.

21C7EFBB-B2C3-4A77-BD3A-C871D491B87C.jpeg

33AB179B-D4FF-4D6C-958C-F566B5B1503B.jpeg

My fingers are cramped up to the point where I can no longer hold anything, and I’ve worn holes in the disposable vinyl gloves I was wearing.

835AAAFE-BF64-4515-8BEB-D29D51656382.jpeg

But still have the license plate recess, the marker light openings, some touch ups, and the final pattern left to do.

80C3F689-B938-49AF-811E-68A3AAAE65AC.jpeg

55FAE3CC-3D87-4EF7-B3BC-7F9A40BBB6AD.jpeg

Bottom side done too, just for that one car show wisenheimer or judge that feels he needs to check if it’s been done throughout the whole bumper:

8BEE6096-4175-4A3B-AFEC-BF85A8B3CDD8.jpeg

Think I’ll go submerge myself in a bath of Epsom salts and extra strength Tylenol arthritis pain relief now until the feeling returns to my hands. 😫

Oh the things we do to have something unique.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
Still hammering away at this b**ch.
Total time invested in the brushing process to date, roughly 8 hours, 5 of those tonight alone.

View attachment 163713

View attachment 163714

My fingers are cramped up to the point where I can no longer hold anything, and I’ve worn holes in the disposable vinyl gloves I was wearing.

View attachment 163715

But still have the license plate recess, the marker light openings, some touch ups, and the final pattern left to do.

View attachment 163716

View attachment 163717

Bottom side done too, just for that one car show wisenheimer or judge that feels he needs to check if it’s been done throughout the whole bumper:

View attachment 163718

Think I’ll go submerge myself in a bath of Epsom salts and extra strength Tylenol arthritis pain relief now until the feeling returns to my hands. 😫

Oh the things we do to have something unique.
It looks awesome and is a great conversation piece. A little arthritis is worth it in my eyes!

The wisenheimers at car shows are a trip. These guys usually don’t have a vehicle or it’s a piece of chit so they can sit and spin for all I’m concerned. Judging by your work though, I think this attention to detail is because of a little friend called OCD. 😀😀

Reactions: 4 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It looks awesome and is a great conversation piece. A little arthritis is worth it in my eyes!

The wisenheimers at car shows are a trip. These guys usually don’t have a vehicle or it’s a piece of chit so they can sit and spin for all I’m concerned. Judging by your work though, I think this attention to detail is because of a little friend called OCD. 😀😀
Yup. Best reply to those clowns: "Where's your car?" They usually start stammering on about how it's not done, ran 7s, goes 350mph, blah, blah, blah....

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
I just love the brushed look. Tell them it is custom Titanium trim, really BS the car show know it alls. Who would have guessed such a potentially cool finish was under the chrome. You do suffer for the craft, so close to done, if you can allow it Donovan😉.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Those bumpers deserve a how to thread all by themselves!
Beautiful work. If there were small dings or dents would this still be possible?

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Dedication....

Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Donovan, have you ever tried to clearcoat that? And is that finish in it's current state relatively durable?

Reactions: 1 user

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Nickel is as durable as chrome if not more from what I remember my buddy saying (he worked many years @ a plating company).
He used to plate things for me in Nickel as I liked the finish.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor