BUILD THREAD Project Olds Cool (Recognition!!)

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
"flow indicators" so your saying she's a lady! A top notch one at that!

Reactions: 1 user

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
And you've done this since Tuesday? :doh:

Since Tuesday, I got a new battery in my 67 and moved my $3200 Saber wheels for the 87 from the shop back into the basement so they don't get stolen. Been a few homes out here in the sticks where we live getting shops broken into lately.

Seriously, don't know how you do it all but looking good as usual. Some of that clean up - fix crap reminds me of how my 87 showed up new when I got it? Unbelievable the stuff they let ship . . .

• Agree

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Looking good Donovan..."flow indicators" and all!

As always, thanks very much Kevin!

Say, for a guy that wasn’t sure he was going to be able to follow this thread, you’re doing pretty good!
;)

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
"flow indicators" so your saying she's a lady! A top notch one at that!

While the jury’s still out on whether or not she’s a “lady”, I can comment on the term “flow indicator”.
It’s just fancy pants painter speak for “my dumb *ss got too greedy in trying to get the glossiest finish, and put too much material on!”
:rofl:

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
And you've done this since Tuesday? :doh:

Since Tuesday, I got a new battery in my 67 and moved my $3200 Saber wheels for the 87 from the shop back into the basement so they don't get stolen. Been a few homes out here in the sticks where we live getting shops broken into lately.

Seriously, don't know how you do it all but looking good as usual. Some of that clean up - fix crap reminds me of how my 87 showed up new when I got it? Unbelievable the stuff they let ship . . .

Yep, all that done since the last update, which I guess was Tuesday. I’ve got myself on a pretty aggressive self imposed schedule now that it has primer on it if I wanna have it on the road come spring...

Funny thing is, I’m not really logging in any more hours on it than I have been for the past 8 months. It’s just that it’s to the point where the work getting done is a lot more visible and rewarding and therefore just seems like more!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Turbolq4

Royal Smart Person
Sep 25, 2017
Nampa Idaho
Yep, all that done since the last update, which I guess was Tuesday. I’ve got myself on a pretty aggressive self imposed schedule now that it has primer on it if I wanna have it on the road come spring...

Funny thing is, I’m not really logging in any more hours on it than I have been for the past 8 months. It’s just that it’s to the point where the work getting done is a lot more visible and rewarding and therefore just seems like more!
:)

You really do produce some incredible work. I have no skill in the body and paint area of our hobby and could only hope to produce a similar caliber of work/skill on the mechanical end where I play. My hat is off to you sir.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
D

as always, top shelf job on things the average person wouldn't justify. glad to see things are moving a little smoother, now that the big jobs are done. I had a bit of a setback on the GP lately, but seeing your progress is giving me the energy to brush it off and dive back in...

again, beautiful work, and look forward to the next updates!:friday:
Darin

Reactions: 1 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
I love the flush mount marker lights. Glad to see you making so much progress. I'm looking forward to future updates that I'll probably be days late on catching just like the last few. Lol

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor