Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

scary^, haha.

Made up a quicky rad mount plate, and fit up a 16" flex-a-lite fan and adjustable temp controller.This one only pulls 17 amps. Thinking about a shroud for it, flex-a-lite reccommends that 70% of the radiator is covered. I wanted to do the cool looking dual fan kit, but decided on function over form. That's not gonna happen much with me, haha.

radiator004.jpg

radiator005.jpg

Made up a rad shroud to fit with the top plate. It's got 3/4" clearance off the radiator. Should work well.
radshroud002.jpg

I think the shroud is the way to mount your fan, nice fab work. Modern factory setups also many times have divertors on front side of radiator behind grille to help funnel air through radiator instead of around it. Most shrouds also have flaps that can open up at higher speeds to assist natural airflow.

Some flaps would be pretty cool on the shroud.

Happy fathers day, my wife was nice enough to say "Why don't you work on the car for a few hours" this morning, so here's where I got.

Here is the fan mounted with the adjustable temp switch.

raddonebumperbefore005.jpg

Put the front end back together to check the fit of everything, and figure out how to make some wheel wells and a battery mount.
raddonebumperbefore006.jpg

Fit up my front bumper, decided on how much to cut out. That will get done this week.
raddonebumperbefore009.jpg

I'm getting tempted to put this in, but I really want to paint the car 1st. Got a 2 groove crank pulley, I think I'm going to go power steering after all.
raddonebumperbefore010.jpg

I don't know, I think it might need to go in further. Which will require making new mounts and cutting some more out of the bumper. It's gonna need some kind of small spoiler underneath, as it sits up high.
frontbumper004.jpg

frontbumper006.jpg

frontbumper005.jpg

Anyhow, I bled the brakes so I have a pedal again, and almost finished up the drivers door.

thats looking real good to me....man this build is going to look sweet when done..

Damn you!! Now you have me considering an airbag suspension... :lol: just messing your elky is gonna be sweet! Keep up the good work!!

A spoiler & ground effects definitely enhances the lowered look. I once made one out of smooth aluminum in sections so it could be section repaired when damaged. I later made one out of diamond plate as a temporary(& a joke) to avoid re-doing a shaded paint job for just a small part.The Diamond plate version pictured is the same profile as the previous smooth aluminum version if it gives you any ideas. :?:
DSC00423.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor