Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

Thanks fellas. I think I'm going to tackle the bumpers next. Cut out 1.5" from center of rear, and weld in a lisence plate pocket. Then I'm going to reweld the mounts, so it sits 1" higher and 1.5" in towards the body. I'm going to try and take my time on this next week, because I want to chrome the bumper when done. Front will get similar treatment. I'm also trying to figure out how to make the exhaust exit through the quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel would be preferable. Well see what happens. :mrgreen:

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

jlcustomz said:
Lookin good man.Makes me wish I had time to work on mine.
Tailgate filler looks good, hope you cut the recess out of the tailgate skin & did a butt weld rather than a drop in. Seen some really high end jobs ghost shadow badlyfrom this after being through temperature cycles.
Hopefully all this metal work will come out good. Car will probably be a painted a satin finish, but we'll see. :D

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA

boatshoes said:
I'm also trying to figure out how to make the exhaust exit through the quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel would be preferable. Well see what happens. :mrgreen:

Here's an idea for you. Guy at work put one of these on his truck, It looks pretty good. might be able to pull it off on the elco. And get the A4 out of winter mode! lol :wink:
21414d1141069679-thru-body-exhaust-tip-cool-gay-dynamicimage.jpg

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

3XBrownCutty said:
boatshoes said:
I'm also trying to figure out how to make the exhaust exit through the quarter panel, in front of the rear wheel would be preferable. Well see what happens. :mrgreen:

Here's an idea for you. Guy at work put one of these on his truck, It looks pretty good. might be able to pull it off on the elco. And get the A4 out of winter mode! lol :wink:
21414d1141069679-thru-body-exhaust-tip-cool-gay-dynamicimage.jpg
Yeah, I'm rethinking this whole exhaust thing. I welded in some bracing from perch to perch on the rear, so no room for exhaust out the back. But I think it'll be out of place coming out the fender. I dont know

Did some work on rear bumper, decided to get the chrome stripped off both bumpers before proceding any farther. Im dropping them off monday to be stripped

shortened the wings 1 1/2" and filled in the holes and welded studs in place.

bradmay2012046.jpg

bradmay2012048.jpg

melman109

Royal Smart Person
Apr 22, 2008
Arizona

Nice work on that bumper that came out real SMOOTH!!

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011

Here's a pic of the outlet I made for my exhaust cutout.The outer part is cut off a Pypes prototype unit I got for $10. The rest I handmade from ss. You can see how it has a megaphone shaped side profile & is notched to fit tightly around the frame area for max ground clearance. I also oval shaped the large piece of used ss diesel truck pipe coming from my cutout.
DSC00403.jpg

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

That's awesome jlcustoms. You have just inspired me. I think I know what to do now. :D
I actually made the muffler on my A4, made some turndowns on it too. I call them tub faucets, lol. Will do something similar on the el camino.
treffen4.jpg

Spent a few bucks and got some body work stuff
evercoat005.jpg

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011

Cool, I try to be inspirational. Sometimes parts just need to be made by us to look, work, & fit correctly. Our frames are kinda in the way of a premade body side exhaust. I,m sure you have no problem making something. How bout 4 down pipes per side? If you have 4 small pipes snaking back up past where you see, it will give a little simulation of header pipes. I think the cherry bomb dodge has something like that. I have some 2 1/4" ss. pipe I plan on polishing & making 4 outlets per side with slight upsweep & 22.5 degree slashcuts out my rear bumper. Will tack together tightly side by side & beat & wrap ss sheet metal around the backsides to merge into 1 inlet pipe.
Also thought I,d mention, as much as I like rage extreme, evercoat metal glaze is best for the final filling,sands like nothing else. Even the rage extreme leaves minor pinholes.

D

Deleted member 12736

Kinda like it.. you should really trade that seat to someone who needs a clean seat that color... MINT!!!

boatshoes

Greasemonkey
Nov 10, 2011
Algonquin Illinois

ig109 said:
Kinda like it.. you should really trade that seat to someone who needs a clean seat that color... MINT!!!
I will give the seat covers to somebody when I recover it, I'm even protecting it, haha
kenandjillian027.jpg

Tailgate is almost done, everything will be getting urethane primered
kenandjillian026.jpg

bumpers stripped, you can see how much shorter I made the wings on the rear in this pic, Ima try and finish the rear in the next week
kenandjillian025.jpg

Slowly aquiring engine parts, I need to get some nice wire looms
kenandjillian024.jpg

And my ignition keys are missing, I wonder where they went :roll:
kenandjillian007.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor