Project "Sand Bagger"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Project "Bagging Rights"

Havent had much time for the car lately. Took out both rear quarter windows, they each have a small amount of rust. So I wil fix that next.
lastiphone013.jpg

Ive just been doing little stuff, like polishing the tail lights and marker lights, so I can reuse them.
lastiphone007.jpg

It took forever to chip out all the gunk around the front and rear windows so I could take all the clips for the trim off.
I just need to weld in new sections for the rear quarters, smooth them out, and it will be ready for painting.
Unfortunatley, I'll be out of town for the next 2 weeks, so not much is going to happen until next month 😢

Just wanted to say I love your build thread. If you end up changing from that green I may actually be a little sad because i fell in love with that color lol.

I also will probably refer to this thread when i go to bag and drop my 94 F.150 because i have few other places to get info on bagging.

I was also wondering what type and size of rims on the car and what you may be planing to do with them because i could take them off your hands if you get sick of them. :lol:

im dying to see more updates man. you need to get me motivated again. did you make those fender wells up yourself? and what did you use to do it? an english wheel?

Looking good, we did a similar treatment to the bumpers on my Dad's Camino. The results make it look less dated for sure 🙂

You going to keep it the same color or ?

Thanks guys. No, it will not be the same color. This years paint job might be temporary though, as I'm painting it myself. And once the whole car is done, it wouldnt be too hard to paint it again.
I'm actually starting to miss the green, not much of it left on the car now. 😢
The inner fenders are just some trailer fenders I found, and cut/rolled them some to fit.

I'm not going to get much too done in the next month, this heat and 60+ hour work weeks are making it hard to get motivated. :|

boatshoes said:
Thanks guys. No, it will not be the same color. This years paint job might be temporary though, as I'm painting it myself. And once the whole car is done, it wouldnt be too hard to paint it again.
I'm actually starting to miss the green, not much of it left on the car now. 😢
The inner fenders are just some trailer fenders I found, and cut/rolled them some to fit.

I'm not going to get much too done in the next month, this heat and 60+ hour work weeks are making it hard to get motivated. :|
too bad i really liked that green. im ot a big fan of finished cars so i really like the look of it with the green and black primer. sucks that you cant get much done. i really want to see more of your ideas and custom stuff. and did you get those fenders new? they look really nice. hope you can find some motivation

3rd week of September I am painting the el camino. Put in for a week of vaca from work. I am turning my small barn/shed into a paintbooth for that week. I'm rather excited.

I just have to get everything finished up in the next month. I'll post some pics of what I'm doing soon. :mrgreen:

84cutlassjuggalo said:
I was also wondering what type and size of rims on the car and what you may be planing to do with them because i could take them off your hands if you get sick of them. :lol:

Wheels are 20x8.5 Centerline "Rotary". 245/35-20 front 255/35-20 rear. I will gladly sell them for the right money. 😀

I have plans for a different wheel set, but can't justify the money right now 😢

About 5 minutes with a cut off wheel and the 83 header panel fits on a 78 core support.
IMG_20120801_153715.jpg

boatshoes said:
About 5 minutes with a cut off wheel and the 83 header panel fits on a 78 core support.
IMG_20120801_153715.jpg
wicked mint! i bet your the only person who tried that haha. i really wish you kept that green color, it looked so nice! i want to see more of your ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor