Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
'41 Stude showed up a couple days ago. Owner scraped the fender pulling it out of his garage.

My dad is wrapping up his project:

Had to modify the exhaust to make it look good in the rear body.

He drove it around a little today. Got some better tires and took it to an upholstery shop for a quote to do carpet and a headliner. I didn't get a shot of it yet but I promise I will. He said it got LOTS of attention.

Sidenote: We've been in preliminary talks about starting in on my '35 pickup. Watch for a separate thread when we throw down.

3 New additions to announce. Within a 48 hour period my brother bought a '71 Riviera VW camper, My dad bought another '71 Riviera camper, and a Bricklin SV-1. I haven't seen the two buses in person yet but the Bricklin got delivered to my house this morning.

Sexy brown interior complete with 8-track, dash mounted fan, and super custom JC Whitney musical horn controller.

Since only 2854 of these cars were factory built, this would be toward the end of the production run.

Early cars were AMC 360 powered. This one has a 351W 2-V and an FMX transmission. Dual exhaust too. Front suspension resembles Mustang and it has a non-posi straight axle in the back. Brakes are power disc/drum. It's also got AC and cruise control.

Original key:

Service manuals, etc.

Some of the fun stuff that controls the pneumatic doors.

Overall, this one is pretty unmolested. The stupid interior add-ons can be undone pretty easily, otherwise it's fairly original -- right down to the 1975 date coded plug wires. The plan for this one is strictly mechanical. Since it's been in storage for the last 20 years I expect most of the issues to be fluid related. Probably some attention to the fuel system and brake system. I also know there's going to be plenty of work to be gone to the door system. Beyond just a general cleaning there will be no cosmetic work done. He wants to market the car as a mechanically sound survivor or barn find.

Reactions: 1 user
I remember seeing one of those Bricklin's back in 75'. Really cool car back then.

How old was the guy that scraped the fender on the Stud? I'm guessing older than 70. I like those trucks a lot.

You guys come up with a lot of unusual stuff.

I never paid much attention to the Bricklins because I always thought they were ugly kit cars. Never realized they were a production vehicle. I still think they're ugly -- but in a cooler way now :lol: .

I'd say Studebaker guy is probably in his 50s. He's pretty proud of his truck and has a lot of money in it. They're certainly not too common.

After about 8 hours of cleaning my roof (moss), cleaning my gutters, mowing my lawn, other yard work, and pressure washing the siding and all the concrete, I gave it a quick wash and degreased the top of the engine and engine compartment. Much better now. Time for the real work to begin.

Interesting find, I see them around here every so often, I originally thought it was a kit car too, just based on it's rather gawdy looks, lol. Kind of another niche vehicle though, good luck on the flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor