Projects from THE COMPOUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dig that body style. It does look like it's VW powered. I can't quite figure out what it is. It kinda looks like a Brazilian Puma.
The body is a cross between A Ferrari Dino, Porsche 904, etc. I guess it's a kit body of some sort?

It's actually kinda sexy. A bit of a cross between a Dino, a Miura, and a GT40. I thought it was awkward at first but it's really grown on me. My brother shot the doors and hatches this afternoon. More to come.

It does in that photo. They had quite a bit of leftover paint from my Dad's '68 El Camino that got painted last spring so they just used that. Can't for the life of me remember what the color is called though. We recycle a lot around here. Seems to be bluer in the shade and more orange in the direct sunlight.

DRIVEN said:
It does in that photo. They had quite a bit of leftover paint from my Dad's '68 El Camino that got painted last spring so they just used that. Can't for the life of me remember what the color is called though. We recycle a lot around here. Seems to be bluer in the shade and more orange in the direct sunlight.
Ya gotta love a Red El Camino.... :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 006-4_zps99a11463.jpg
    006-4_zps99a11463.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 511
It seems like a lot doesn't it? As stated earlier, this is the work of 3 guys. My dad retired last year so he's got plenty of time for projects. Until a few months ago I was self employed and worked from my home shop so my schedule was pretty flexible. Really, it's my brother who puts in the crazy hours. He puts in a full day at his day job and probably an additional 20hrs per week on side jobs here. Some get posted here but many don't.
I'm not sure where I developed this mail truck fetish. The building I work in is shared with an alignment shop that gets quite a few Grumman LLVs from the water district. They have some coolness potential. It would be pretty cramped but there is anough room to set one up as a small camper. Some subtle body mods would make all the difference in the world. Since they use S-10 suspension and drivetrain components it wouldn't be too tough to get one low and make it handle pretty well. A V8 swap is a pretty natural idea too. I guess if you really think about it they are kinda related to Gbodys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor