PSI Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I like your idea to put it behind the kick panel but I don't know if it will fit. I think, space permitting, you can put the PCM in the engine compartment. Unless if I'm remembering wrong, that's where they are stock on all those LS equipped vehicles.

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I like your idea to put it behind the kick panel but I don't know if it will fit. I think, space permitting, you can put the PCM in the engine compartment. Unless if I'm remembering wrong, that's where they are stock on all those LS equipped vehicles.
The problem with that is the PSI wire harness is made so the PCM has to be installed in the cabin area.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It wouldn't be too hard to modify it to work under the hood. It will be tight trying to get that PCM under a G Body dash. You might get the PCM first, and figure out where you are going to put it. I would think PSI would custom build you a harness. Otherwise, have someone modify a stock harness for you.

Reactions: 1 user

MechMan

Master Mechanic
Sep 13, 2018
Kingsport, TN
I guess when I get the car I will have to see if the kick panel can be modified to fit the LS1 PCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor