Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
that is an 800 cfm, they used that carb on trucks including 454 Motorhomes

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
same floats, if I didn't know the setting for a float on a quadrajet I would start off with 1/4". If it too high the carb would flood and too low you'd run the reservoir dry. I always used a light coating lithium grease on the top gasket so I could remove the horn without damaging the gasket

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The illustrated instructions that comes in the kit will also instruct you on how to set the float level.
I have that same type carb kicking around. It also has the preset mixture screws with caps over them. I knocked the plugs out and will probably replace the mixture screws with the longer adjustable type when I get around to rebuilding this carb.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
The illustrated instructions that comes in the kit will also instruct you on how to set the float level.
I have that same type carb kicking around. It also has the preset mixture screws with caps over them. I knocked the plugs out and will probably replace the mixture screws with the longer adjustable type when I get around to rebuilding this carb.

Mine didn't have an illustration. I have the plugs knocked out of mine too. The adjustment screws are really deep in there though. Got a link to the extended screws?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mine didn't have an illustration. I have the plugs knocked out of mine too. The adjustment screws are really deep in there though. Got a link to the extended screws?
Yeah, the adjustment screws are set in there pretty deep on that particular carb. I haven't really searched for a source yet, but I would try someone like Mountain Man on Ebay or any good Q-jet parts source. I've never used these people before, but worth checking out. https://quadrajetparts.com/rochester-quadrajet-c-128.html

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor