Question about Monte Carlo SS nose conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
I bought a Monte Carlo SS nose conversion the other day from this guy on craigslist for $100. Only problem is that all he had was the polyurethane nose piece and nothing else. I figured I could fab some brackets up or try and find a real Monte Carlo SS, then take what I need from it. The guy I bought it from said you can mount it using third-gen camaro parts, but after closer inspection of a camaro at a junkyard. I don't think it will work. Does anyone have any past experience playing with an el camino with the SS nose??

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Are you trying to put a monte carlo ss nose on an el camino??? I was told you couldn't do that because the fenders and doors on the el caminos/ malibus won't match up because the patern on the nose matches the wider pattern on the monte carlos fenders and doors. As far as the brackets, I'm sure you can modify camaro brackets, but I've had some guys have a helluva time trying to use camaro brackets on an ss front end. Different spacing and body lines = big hassle.

itsnotanova

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2008
Bastrop,Tx
This nose is specifically made to bolt on to the front end of el camino's and malibu's. I believe a company called Choo-Choo customs started converting el caminos straight from the factory and then selling them back to dealers back in the 80's. This nose is from one of them. You can still buy the front conversion for like $1200+, but now I believe it's made out of fiberglass. I googled some of those places that still sell them and all I could find was either the whole front conversion or just the polyurethane nose piece.

drknow90rs

Greasemonkey
Aug 12, 2009
Wittmann, AZ
I would call choo-choo and see if you can order the brackets from them. Just an idea.... Congrats on a tough find!

Caballero

Apprentice
Oct 12, 2009
Does anyone have the link to the El Caminos with different fronts? I know there are some of Pontiac, Oldmobile, and I think even a Camaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor