Quick 4barrel carb ID

Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Very good, except I would call the Street Demon a hybrid 3 barrel, designed to fit square and spread bore intakes.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away

Pretty cool picture, an unmolested Qjet is worth it. Too many Qjets have been butchered and kitbashed by remanufacturers over the years. CCC works great for me, especially with the hot ZZ4 chip.

Here's a picture of E4ME typically found on SBCs.

carburetor_1_gm_17085207_a046869648487a0aa27df0c8e4ba18dcb36f5259.jpg

E4MEs use electric chokes whild E4MC use hot air chokes. E4MEs are usually found on SBCs, E4MCs ard usually tound on Olds 307s. The two carbs are setup very differently and are not interchangeable.

There is also a rare version of the electronic Qjet for 4.1L Buick V6s. That carb has the Chevy style side fuel inlet, its pretty weird.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Thanks for the info, added it has it's own pattern.
I brought it up because the image is wrong, that is a Holley HP, these are Dominators.

1648179669395.png
1648179845003.png

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
If it’s worth mentioning, I’ve seen the E4ME enough times to know it should be taken off and go with the non CCC model lol.
Many people ditch those those CCC models because they don't understand how they work and or tune them.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
For about the first 10 years of the QJ GM contracted Carter to build them.

Carter QJ early.jpg

Carter QJ Late.jpg

1967 Buicks and Cadillacs had the side feed fuel line like a Chevy.

I think there are also some early 70s Buicks that also had the Chevy style fuel line. ( Might have been during the strike in 1972)

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Many people ditch those those CCC models because they don't understand how they work and or tune them.
Agreed, but for me its the extra money involved.

1. The cost of my distributor, buddy could have given me an HEI for free but I had to buy a new one because it’s computer controlled.

2. The ECM in these cars are over 40 years old. It does not make logical sense to buy a new one, if the cost is going to be too much.

Luckily for me, I have a spare that I got for cheap but that’s not the point. If that breaks on the side of the road? You are going to have to run the ignition in the bypass mode.

And I’m not sure if the E4ME can run without the computer, or if that still means a tow truck.

Now if that was a vacuum operated system? Easy swap, no electrical diagnostics, and someone like myself who’s more inclined in that haha, I just don’t want to get DVM’s or scopes out on the side of the 401 near Toronto where cars are shooting by at sometimes 200 km/h 💯💯

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
CCC system that screws up should put you in the fixed position, or "limp home" mode. You can still drive the car, but it'll run like crap. Or, crappier than it does with the CCC operable.

The ECM's themselves are pretty hearty units. I've accidently dropped them, and they still worked fine afterwards. 95% of the time, they are NOT the problem when the system goes t*ts up.

Most of the time, it's a sensor or wiring issue that is causing the problems. Or a combination of them.

If you don't know how to work on them, then yeah, you're much better off bypassing it. Even as simple as it is, you got to understand it to fix it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor