Radiator support bushings THAT FIT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide a vendor/ part number that makes core support bushing that fits without modification? This is for a V8 radiator obviously. I've found a few aftermarket ones, but from the reviews I've read it seems like they all needed modification to fit properly. I don't even care if they're rubber or poly, I just want them to fit.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
I put in a set of Energy Suspension ones and had no issues. Well, other than the hole in the driver's side was too big due to rust. It was an older set someone apparently had for a while and never used and I got them for a good price. Perhaps the earlier ('78-'80) radiator supports are different in that area? Or maybe people don't realize their radiator support holes are enlarged from rust?

Reactions: 1 user

V8 Rumble

Royal Smart Person
Jan 7, 2010
Connecticut
I bought poly ones for my malibu and did not line up. I ended up cleaning my original ones up and reusing then since they were in good shape. Npdlink.com sells them. You can call them and ask if they would fit specifically.

I may have a couple of good ones. I'll check when I get home later today.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
I got some from Gbodyparts.com and they fit for the most part....

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
The ones on G-body.com look like what I used on my 80 Malibu.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-7 ... l/overview

I had to redrill the radiator support as the locator pins were 1/2" off, and I also had to shave a little off the angled, forward ends.

But they fit my 3-row radiator and OEM shroud, and they cost $18 for a set of four.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Prothane bushings fit okay.

G-Body_Vet

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 15, 2010
ssn696 said:
The ones on G-body.com look like what I used on my 80 Malibu.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-7 ... l/overview

I had to redrill the radiator support as the locator pins were 1/2" off, and I also had to shave a little off the angled, forward ends.

But they fit my 3-row radiator and OEM shroud, and they cost $18 for a set of four.

I just realized I said core support bushing in my original post, rather than radiator bushings which I meant. :roll:

Those were the ones I was looking at too. I specifically wanted to know if they fit the shroud and on the radiator. I just didn't want to end up with something where I had to trim the inside, for instance something designed for a V6 radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor