RAREST G BODY MONTE CARLO SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Ok sense the topick is odd duck Monte SS I've heard tail of 83 or 84 Monte SS sold in Mexico with 350 4 speed Dana 44. And supposedly there was one that ended up in Tom's River NJ years ago can that be confirmed? That would make a really cool driver.

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Has anyone verified this color actually existed on an SS? I've never even seen a picture of it. Probably like the Sand gray interiors on an 84 H/O. Never happened even when it was originally listed as an option. I think it ranks right up there with the yellow with green interior.

I would have to see proof to believe it. Pretty heavily involved in the MCSS scene for about 25 years now and it was included as a possibility in a 87' brochure but no one has ever had proof, so it's like big foot or aliens, to me :). Proof/documentaion needed for me to believe it, I guess the RPO sticker would be the simple way showing it's an SS and paint code. I would think by now one would of surfaced. Brochures can get things wrong or things planned didn't end up happening, isn't the 86' or 87' Cutlass picture in an Olds brochure show them with the bullet mirrors used in 86'+ Monte's & El Camino's?

So if that combo was ever made, yes, that would be the most rare.

86' Aero is the only real "rare" SS to me.

Based on color combos, white/saddle 87/88's and 83's in general are next. Blue 83's to be specific would probably be in that realm, like 69hurstolds said, maybe 2k or so of those if I had to guess. Looking at the SS registry (montecarloss.com) it seems it's about a 60/40 mix of white to blue. Small sample but enough that it's probably a good indication.

For pricing, it probably doesn't hurt, I think the black/saddle and white/saddle has more desireability than people avoiding them, there have been people who have posted looking for that, myself included (white/saddle t-top 88' I would like in clean low mile stock form someday), but I don't know you can just throw out 20k randomly without considering the car itself. Black is probably the most desired color regardless of interior, t-tops preferred but some also don't want them, etc. You start splitting hairs I think once you are breaking it down that far.

Reactions: 1 user

PBGBodyFan

G-Body Guru
Mar 3, 2009
Wisconsin
Ok sense the topick is odd duck Monte SS I've heard tail of 83 or 84 Monte SS sold in Mexico with 350 4 speed Dana 44. And supposedly there was one that ended up in Tom's River NJ years ago can that be confirmed? That would make a really cool driver.

I believe in NJ or PA there was a Mexican SS (84' only) that was imported/exported, not sure if legally or what, but a guy had it and think it was even for sale in a FB group several years ago. Pretty cool.

Reactions: 1 user

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
May be this one, the owner was a member of this site and the car was for sale on Craigslist in Philadelphia.
This was one of his threads on the forum. https://gbodyforum.com/threads/mexican-monte-carlo-ss-vin-number-decoding.50540/
This was the YouTube link.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

gearhedjon

Apprentice
Dec 5, 2012
oak forest IL
A friend of my ex's had a brown/ saddle interior hardtop SS. I knew from looking at it that color combo had to be rare as I had never seen that combo before. The stripes were shades of gold with solid gold SS. Here's the kicker, they daily drove it. Even 25 years ago it was starting to show its age.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
A friend of my ex's had a brown/ saddle interior hardtop SS. I knew from looking at it that color combo had to be rare as I had never seen that combo before. The stripes were shades of gold with solid gold SS. Here's the kicker, they daily drove it. Even 25 years ago it was starting to show its age.
As they say...pics or it didn't happen. Unfortunately, without solid evidence that this thing existed, I'm going to say...no. Not believing it. Not saying you don't believe it, but I'm not convinced.

I saw an 83 convertible H/O one time too. But I don't have any pics. It was so fugly it might have broke the camera anyway. Not sure if it was a prototype of some kind or a conversion company creation (this was probably most likely). It wasn't terribly bad looking with the top down, but with the top up...ugh. You can't make up ground where the opera windows were with a soft top. You just can't.

Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That is the rarest.

1984 only, sold to Mexico. All 25 of them.

270hp LM1 350ci, Rochester 4 barrel Carb, Saginaw 4spd, 3.73 Gear Dana 44. White, Blue, or Black paint with 14" checkerboard aluminum wheels, full dash like a Grand Prix. No rear Spoiler. Power door locks, manual windows.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor