RAWDOGG - 84 Grand Prix "Pro Touring" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Re: Surprise - A glimpse of what I've been upto!

next person in this thread to personally insult another user and/or their cars, family, pets, shoes, whatever, gets the hammer. Its at my discretion. :roll: If you don't like somebody's ride, at least be decent about it, or just plain don't click that submit button. We've asked, now we're telling you. Not just this thread but the entire site.

patmckinneyracing

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2009
San Antonio, TX

Dude do whatever you want and spend as much money as you want on your GP. That car is down right sick and unique so keep it up. People look at my malibu and ask me "why the hell would you spend that much money on a malibu?" Do whatever you want and don't keep track of the money going into it, as long as you remain financially stable. That's what I'm doing on both the malibu and roadrunner.

LGhost

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 18, 2010

454Muscle is cool in my book... Just got to work around his sensitivity. But don't try to work with him, its impossible.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH

GP403 said:
next person in this thread to personally insult another user and/or their cars, family, pets, shoes, whatever, gets the hammer. Its at my discretion. :roll: If you don't like somebody's ride, at least be decent about it, or just plain don't click that submit button. We've asked, now we're telling you. Not just this thread but the entire site.

thats a great idea
and thank you
but i dont want to thread jack by thanking someone with power for finally stepping up

so id like to say
454muscle that thing is awsome
someone in my situation could only dream of putting that kind of money into a car and it turning out that great
too bad i cant seem to get struck by lightening or win the lottery or both
but its really not about money at all
this entire hobby isnt about money
its about an idea, a concept that you want to see come to life
and you deffinetly turned yours into reality
so great job keep it up and dont sweat it
some people have an issue with jealousy let em and love every second of it

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois

Hey man,

Nice car! Have you driven it much, just wondering if you know what kind of gas mileage you get with that setup. I'm only getting about 8 mpg with my BBO in front a 3 speed. :rofl: Curious what you get with the 3.25 gear. Mine is currently ~3.55 I believe.

I really like all of the electronics and list of stuff you are going to have. I didn't even know Viper made an iPhone app for their alarm, that's pretty sweet. The HID lights are a nice little touch!

There are a few things that I think don't look right. I don't like the rear wheel flares how they're done. I think if you had matching ones on the front wheel wells it would look more symmetric. Like the GNX. Did you think about doing a mini tub so you wouldn't need flares? Or did you do a mini tub AND flares? I know you'll need a lot of meat to put that kind of power to the ground.

I'm also not a fan of the monster tach suction cupped to the windshield. Down here I think we would get hit with obstruction of view. :lol: The windshield tach is the same size as the dash tach, so that seems a little wierd. I would have just put a shift lite on top of the dash for use when racing, and just went with the one tach in the dash. A buddy of mine has a setup like this for his Z06, and it works well. He just has a 1 inch shift lite on the dash, that he can cover when not racing.

I'm not a fan of the big tail pipes sticking way out in the back. I see your first GP was like that, so that must be something you're into. I like how the ground effects on the back of your first GP were, compared to the new car. But I understand you did what you did because of the big pipes. I guess I just don't like the look of straight pipes on a GP. Are those beasts 4"? :D Watch your ankles on those babies!

I had an 84 Grand Prix that was stolen. I freakin' love Grand Prix's, mostly because they have Chevy engines in them. My first g body was a Cutlass, so I kind of gravitated back towards that, but I miss my GP for sure.

Are you going to have the hood vents functional? That would be sweet, sort of like ram air.

I wish you luck with that pretty front end dam setup. After buying my car I drove it 800 miles home and chipped my front end up from bugs and sh*t. Wasn't too happy about that. So much for color matched bumpers, grrr

Are you planning on making it to any Power Tours? I wanted to hit the one up last year but I need to get my car setup with better gas mileage before doing something like that. It would have cost me a grand just to do a few legs of it, lol

What's the story with the steering wheel spinners? Are those legal up there?

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

HurstOlds said:
Hey man,

Nice car! Have you driven it much, just wondering if you know what kind of gas mileage you get with that setup. I'm only getting about 8 mpg with my BBO in front a 3 speed. :rofl: Curious what you get with the 3.25 gear. Mine is currently ~3.55 I believe.

I really like all of the electronics and list of stuff you are going to have. I didn't even know Viper made an iPhone app for their alarm, that's pretty sweet. The HID lights are a nice little touch!

There are a few things that I think don't look right. I don't like the rear wheel flares how they're done. I think if you had matching ones on the front wheel wells it would look more symmetric. Like the GNX. Did you think about doing a mini tub so you wouldn't need flares? Or did you do a mini tub AND flares? I know you'll need a lot of meat to put that kind of power to the ground.

I'm also not a fan of the monster tach suction cupped to the windshield. Down here I think we would get hit with obstruction of view. :lol: The windshield tach is the same size as the dash tach, so that seems a little wierd. I would have just put a shift lite on top of the dash for use when racing, and just went with the one tach in the dash. A buddy of mine has a setup like this for his Z06, and it works well. He just has a 1 inch shift lite on the dash, that he can cover when not racing.

I'm not a fan of the big tail pipes sticking way out in the back. I see your first GP was like that, so that must be something you're into. I like how the ground effects on the back of your first GP were, compared to the new car. But I understand you did what you did because of the big pipes. I guess I just don't like the look of straight pipes on a GP. Are those beasts 4"? :D Watch your ankles on those babies!

I had an 84 Grand Prix that was stolen. I freakin' love Grand Prix's, mostly because they have Chevy engines in them. My first g body was a Cutlass, so I kind of gravitated back towards that, but I miss my GP for sure.

Are you going to have the hood vents functional? That would be sweet, sort of like ram air.

I wish you luck with that pretty front end dam setup. After buying my car I drove it 800 miles home and chipped my front end up from bugs and sh*t. Wasn't too happy about that. So much for color matched bumpers, grrr

Are you planning on making it to any Power Tours? I wanted to hit the one up last year but I need to get my car setup with better gas mileage before doing something like that. It would have cost me a grand just to do a few legs of it, lol

What's the story with the steering wheel spinners? Are those legal up there?

Well I havent' driven it at all yet. I just got her running again for the 2nd time since first startup, months ago, because my injectors and fuel system was clogged up due to residue left by this ethanol blend of gas.

Also I don't want to drive her until she's both appraised and insured for the appraised value, and I can't get it appraised until the hood and door panels are on (those are the last things to do).

PatMusi racing says the engine should get 20 miles to the gallon -- albeit, I'm not expecting it lol. It'll be more like your mileage. :D

The rear wheel flares are offsetting from the front wheels, yes, you are right. It's not mini-tubbed, just got 10" wheels and 295/50/15 street radials tucked in there. It's on bags, so the purpose for the flares is to allow me to drop the car down without the tires hitting... didn't want to spend the money for the minitubs, and I like my back seat. Plus I don't want to flare the fronts because it wouldn't look right with the bodykit.

It's pro touring, not pro street, so yes it has the power, but will likely not see the strip. Still need lots of frame bracing and at least a roll bar, before I ever think of putting slicks on it.

Yes, thanks for noticing, the 2 tachs are the same size, almost. The G-tech pro on the windshield is actually a 4" (the one in my dash is 5"!), but the whole purpose of the tach up there is for looks. Should be able to see that thing from behind the car. It's redundant, yes, I know -- that's just my quirk on it. I was gonna mount it to the top of the dash, but it space was an issue.

The pipes are 6 inchers. My old GP went upto 4".

The rear skirt is not done yet, hence I didn't upload pics here yet. There is a black lip that will sit in the center. Also, I'm thinking of drifter style middle pieces along the middle, not sure yet. Hard to explain.

The side vents on the hood will not be functional in order to prevent water damage etc.. The front naca ducts will be functional and of course so will the cowl itself.

Front ends getting chipped, good point. My first GP, broke the front skirt several times, and that's with trying hard to be careful. This is one of the MAIN reasons I got it bagged. Whenever I am heading for a ramp (with no cops around that is) I will just bump her all the way up. I dont' think I'll do too much highway driving either because the stone chips will surely piss me off.

The steering wheel spinners, I've had in each car I've owned for years. They are not legal up here. However, cops have always asked me what they were. Never gave me a ticket for it. I even had two racist cops nail me to the cross once for no reason (long, long story) and they still couldn't figure out how to ticket me for those spinners (although I did end up with 6 others and an impounded car).

Power Tours? What exactly is that? I have never even been to a car show dude. I plan on hitting up car shows, cruize nights of course, and this Power Tour thing sounds interesting to me -- got any more info on it?

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio

re-read the posts reneck was supporting him because a-hole 1 made comments about how much hwe spent. 454Muscle - ignore the morons you are validating their existance by arguing with them. you know your car is BAD *ss. the guy hasn't even posted his car yet. I cannot wait to see how it is reviewed. Talking this much crap - it better be bad *ss as well.

Blazenlotus

G-Body Guru
Mar 4, 2010
Stockton, MO

Damn man nice car!

454muscle

Royal Smart Person
Jan 31, 2010
Ontario, Canada eh!

Actually redneckracer305 did not dis me, he defended me. The morons are LGhost and BillysmithSS (who's a jackass I told to shut up on another thread because he's a ******** as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor