Rear Blazer Brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
I may be mistaken, not a pick-up guy but the Blazers/S10s are leaf spring not trailing arms. Totally different bracket setups. Anyone correct my ignorance on S10s/Blazers.
I think you are right, that never even crossed my mind. First old school car for me so just learning on the fly.

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Quick question are the blazer axle bolt patterns the same as the MC? I need to order new rotors for the rear.

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
Can we get any info on how you set up your E-brake ? Thanks, David
IMG_20180809_172122856.jpg
IMG_20180809_172140578.jpg
EBrake Brckt (6).jpg
EBrake Brckt (7).jpg
IMG_20201020_184541833.jpg
I used the Camaro e-brake bracket (6) by cutting it as shown. It is held in place by the bump stop extension w/bolt (7) that I had to make in order for the calipers to not hit the the frame when bottoming out. The original e-brake cable connector is used and attached on the drivers seatbelt bolt that protrudes into the drive shaft tunnel (809). Used a nut that fit the seat belt bolt to hold the e-brake bracket. Got an end cable kit from All-star Performance to hold the ends of the cut original cables. You'll have to figure out how much to cut from the original cables to make them fit . I used line holders to keep the cables from rubbing the drive shaft.

• Creative
Reactions: 2 users

MY6.2SS

Greasemonkey
Nov 26, 2020
View attachment 175723 View attachment 175724 View attachment 175725 View attachment 175726 View attachment 175727 I used the Camaro e-brake bracket (6) by cutting it as shown. It is held in place by the bump stop extension w/bolt (7) that I had to make in order for the calipers to not hit the the frame when bottoming out. The original e-brake cable connector is used and attached on the drivers seatbelt bolt that protrudes into the drive shaft tunnel (809). Used a nut that fit the seat belt bolt to hold the e-brake bracket. Got an end cable kit from All-star Performance to hold the ends of the cut original cables. You'll have to figure out how much to cut from the original cables to make them fit . I used line holders to keep the cables from rubbing the drive shaft.
Thank you !!!!

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Do I need to relocate my rear shocks to install the blazer rear brakes?

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

Hard to beat this kit. Uses the factory parking brake setup. Difficult to do this on your own cheaper unless you have good used parts and skill set to fabricate. I know they are out of stock presently, but they won't be forever.

What is your application for the car? High HP/speed or course racing? Asking only because stock brakes work fabulously for cruisers.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019

Hard to beat this kit. Uses the factory parking brake setup. Difficult to do this on your own cheaper unless you have good used parts and skill set to fabricate. I know they are out of stock presently, but they won't be forever.

What is your application for the car? High HP/speed or course racing? Asking only because stock brakes work fabulously for cruisers.
Just a cruiser, no racing. I just want the disc brake look, dont really care for drums. I already have the parts and currently modifying the rear to fit them.

Reactions: 1 user

tngbody

Greasemonkey
Sep 17, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor