Rear Braided Brake Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
my question is why are you running rear braided line from the rear? from my take the braided line will rub on the rear and soon rip open you really should run hardline to the fitting on the rear then braided

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
I'd rather use the solid lines and short flex lines. Also Russel had a direct replacement for the flex line to T. Russels SS line includes the T

$_35.JPG
I would have been a better kit.

1979Calais

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2011
Maryland
my question is why are you running rear braided line from the rear? from my take the braided line will rub on the rear and soon rip open you really should run hardline to the fitting on the rear then braided

I am still learning, but to tell you I have learned a lot from others on here. The next time it will not be this hard.

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
no worries we are still learning we never really stop learning do we :p thats why we are on here right to help each other

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
pontiacgp
That Kit you sent me, is it for rear disc brakes? I forgot to put in the post that I have rear disc brakes.

that kit is for the two front line and the rear line for a G body. I was just showing it to point out the rear flex line with the T. Do you have braided lines for your front brakes? If not I would get that kit and use a couple of solid lines to end close to the caliper and then short braided lines from there.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The reason your front braided lines do not fit is because the line uses a larger fitting and not the same thread. The ss lines you are using have an AN 3 fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor